teach me something about AK47's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teach me something about AK47's

So there's a gun show coming up next weekend, and after watching a ton of slide fire videos, i've decided i need an AK47 with a slide fire and a drum or something crazy like that for some hog massacres (or attempts) . I might also get a 1st gen night scope for night time hog hunting. Not concerned with killing zombies, SHTF scenarios, or any of that bullshit that cluttered the other AK threads. SO, what do I need to be looking for in an AK at the show? I'm hoping to spend somewhere around 300-500 bucks for the gun. I have absolutely no knowledge on AK's, so anything you have for me would be great. From what I've read online, i think i want to go with a tapco tactical foregrip and stuff, but that's about as far as i've gotten so far.
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

$300 - $500 for an AK? When you are done smoking that go ahead and pass it over here because that shit must be awesome! Seriously, though, I have not seen an AK under $600 in over 3 years.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

have you ever heard of texasguntrader?

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        $300 - $500 for an AK? When you are done smoking that go ahead and pass it over here because that shit must be awesome! Seriously, though, I have not seen an AK under $600 in over 3 years.
        You need to get out more. You can walk into MGS tomorrow and buy an Saiga AK47 for $399. And that's just off the top of my head. You can get an AK for $300 easily.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post

Comment

tribal - read my posts in this thread:

I would like to purchase a Avtomat Kalashnikova, but I know nothing of them, from various post here I have read they suck their aim is not the best and only reason to buy one is to put out lead. Well for me this gun will have more sentimental value and might go hog hunting once in a while so im holding off on getting an ar for

It will answer every single one of your questions regarding AK47's.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

so now that we're over that...lol. which brand should i go with? i'm probably going to end up replacing the furniture on anything that i get and tweaking it to my personal liking.. it'll have a eotech or knockoff, not too concerned with iron sights or anything. anything i should absolutely avoid? TIA

edit: sweet dude.. didnt see that thread in my search. 'preciate it!

Comment

Tribal, if I were you I would recommend you go down to Military Gun Supply in Ft. Worth off 820 and take a look at their Russia Saiga AK47's. Pick one up for $399 and pay Steve up there (he posts under bulldog896) $150 to convert it to a pistol grip gun. Then you will have the highest quality AK money can buy and it's cheap also.

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                  so now that we're over that...lol. which brand should i go with? i'm probably going to end up replacing the furniture on anything that i get and tweaking it to my personal liking.. it'll have a eotech or knockoff, not too concerned with iron sights or anything. anything i should absolutely avoid? TIA
                  read the thread I posted above, it will answer all of your questions.

Comment

I edited my post before you posted either post.. but hey at least your post count went up. LOL!

I'll check out MSG next time i'm up that way. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                      I edited my post before you posted either post.. but hey at least your post count went up. LOL!

I'll check out MSG next time i'm up that way. thanks
                      Two things that do not go together is AK47's and optics. The guns are just a pain in the ass to mount optics to. However, the (real) russian side mounts are suppose to be pretty decent. I believe Saiga's are configured with the mount if I'm not mistaken so you would just need the arm itself - they can get kinda pricey, but I would ask you to pm Steve about that and he can answer all of your questions.

Comment

You can't go wrong with either Saiga or Arsenal. My first 47 is an Century Arms, it's decent, shoots great, with a canted front sight and all.
                        Last edited by bigmuskie; 01-12-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I say get a Saiga. It's a complete original Russian gun, not a parts kit gun. You can always swap the traditional AK furniture on, and rock & roll.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

for those that dont know wolf arms is importing saigas and veprs and their prices are going to cause the market to fall. Supply and demand had the prices artificially high

Ex their s12s are probably going to be in the low $400

Comment

That's great news because I do want a saiga 12 eventually as well

Comment

Working...
                              X