Wal Mart for ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal Mart for ammo

Has walmart raised their ammo prices(comparatively)? I remember it being pretty cheap there, I went the other day and the .223 that had in stock was stupid expensive, is Academy cheaper?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Has walmart raised their ammo prices(comparatively)? I remember it being pretty cheap there, I went the other day and the .223 that had in stock was stupid expensive, is Academy cheaper?
    no academy costs more. walmart does have 20 packs of american eagle brass cased .223 for $5.99 in a blackbox.

but dont go there cause cabelas sells the 100 pack for $30 and when they do run the 20 pack on sale it's usually $5.79
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
      no academy costs more. walmart does have 20 packs of american eagle brass cased .223 for $5.99 in a blackbox.

but dont go there cause cabelas sells the 100 pack for $30 and when they do run the 20 pack on sale it's usually $5.79
      Good deal, thanks for the info
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

This. Walmart < Academy < Gander Mountain (for my area)

I hadn't checked .223 in a while, but my 100rnd WWB used to be $29 and now it's $32.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Some Walmarts have the 855 green tip 420 rds on strippers in a can for $149

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Good deal, thanks for the info
            this is the box that cabelas has for $30 in store:

i bought an s-ton of these when cabelas had em for $5.79 and i had some $20 off coupons:
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
              Some Walmarts have the 855 green tip 420 rds on strippers in a can for $149
              What Walmarts? Ever seen that around here in DFW?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                What Walmarts? Ever seen that around here in DFW?
                IIRC, Allan is in Florida. we dont have impressive rounds like that round here!
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

IIRC, Allan is in Florida. we dont have impressive rounds like that round here!
                  It is in Texas too. Just have to call around and ask. When I was home at Christmas, Academy in Arlington had the same ammo, but it was $10 more.

Comment

I don't know your budget but go to gun shows. I always get good discounts and buy by the thousand.

Comment

Where is the cheapest usually to buy .40 rounds for my pt640? Just bought it for Xmas and have blasted through a 100 rd box.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        This. Walmart < Academy < Gander Mountain (for my area)

I hadn't checked .223 in a while, but my 100rnd WWB used to be $29 and now it's $32.
                        Gander Mountain that good huh? Just moved into the area and never looked at their ammo. lol

<---- Van Alstyne.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                          Where is the cheapest usually to buy .40 rounds for my pt640? Just bought it for Xmas and have blasted through a 100 rd box.. haha
                          Walmart is the cheapest I've found. Winchester White Box, 165gr 100 round for $32.

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          Gander Mountain that good huh? Just moved into the area and never looked at their ammo. lol

<---- Van Alstyne.
                          OMG, they were overpriced as all get out on ammo. If I do buy ammo from them, it's defense ammo just because of availability. Walmart doesn't have defense ammo. Now, I will say I haven't checked out prices in about a year, but charging nearly double for the same thing what Walmart offered at the time, lost my taste for Gander Mountain ammo.

Walmart is the cheapest up here and a close second is Best Pawn Superstore at the corner of 691 & Texoma Parkway. You being mid-way, you might can see what is in McKinney that's good. I'd figure Walmart & Academy would be the same, but Cheaper-Than-Dirt might have some deals.

Comment

Walmart went up on most ammo. WWB .40 was like $27.49 a box of 100 a few months ago, now it's $32 but still cheaper than Academy and cabelas/bass pro. I can get .40 Magtech sometimes at Cabelas for $14-15 box of 50. They had S&B 9mm for $10.49/box 50 last week and I have never had any issues with S&B ammo for .45, 9mm and .380. Academy will match ammo prices if you have the ad, did this a few months ago in Keller. Just FYI.

Comment

I'm wondering with withdraw and end of Iraq and Afghanistan wars will we now have a surge of ammo stateside? Ergo, good deals?

Comment

Working...
                              X