AR-15 Break in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR-15 Break in?

How do you guys like to break in your AR's? DPMS says clean every rnd for the first 25, I think, what a bitch.
    When they say clean, do they just want you to run oil and a brush down the bore, or is it more than that?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

I have never "broken in" a gun. I just shoot it and then clean it after I get back from the range.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      I have never "broken in" a gun. I just shoot it and then clean it after I get back from the range.
      agreed
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I'll usually clean the gun if its new before firing it.

Comment

Is it Chrome lined?

If not I try and break them in. I've noticed that they will not foul out as much if broke in.

If its staying accurate, fuck it and goto town.

I also don't do mag dumps and so on.

It's a ar man if you can wear out the barrel in your lifetime it would be amazing.

I didn't break in my Chrome lined ar and it shoots .30 groups at a 100 with reloads.

Comment

I just took her out the box. and ran 500 rounds down the pipe. Adding oil to the bgc. Every 100 rounds. Went home did complete cleaning.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I just clean before, go shoot, and clean after. No break in here either.

Comment

I only clean my pistols after 3 range visits and have had no issues. I try to dirty up my CCW (glock) just to see if it will fail....nothing yet.

Comment

Just shoot it, no break in.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I would only do the damn break in procedure if my life depended on the gun, or I really really cared about the accuracy (i.e. long distance shooting or competitive)
                    even then I would do this cleaning between
                    quit at this point , and just clean normally per trip

Comment

The only "break in" I have ever done to any gun is clean it immediately after buying, shoot 200 - 500 rounds during my "break in" session to ensure it is functioning properly, and then clean again after I am done shooting. I clean my guns every time I shoot, but that is the only thing resembling a break in I have ever done. Then gun just needs to be reliable; it is up to me to be accurate.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                      X