Scope for my daughter's .223

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope for my daughter's .223

I just got the simmons blazer 3-9x40 for my daughter's .223. Just wondering if any of you guys have used this scope or have any feedback on it. I got a demo from optics planet for $29.

sounds very low cost, lets us know how it holds up at the range
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

It'll work. It's not the best but shoudnt have a problem with .223

Comment

Also make sure the eye relief is set for her. I'm sure it is, but just throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          Also make sure the eye relief is set for her. I'm sure it is, but just throwing it out there.
          Good point. She is only 10 and hasn't shot it yet. She has been shooting my .22. I figure when she is 12 we can set the .223 up specifically for her.

Comment

It is a $29 scope, Simmons is low tier optics. That said the exact scope you have is what Savage packages their rifles with and I hunted one a few hunts on a 7mm 111 and it held zero fine....

Comment

I had one on my Savage 270 and it was ok for sunny day short distance hunting. changed it out with a Buckmaster 4.5 14 40 and wow what a difference. But we are talking $30 vs $300

Comment

I thought the rule of thumb on "good" optics was to spend 2X what you paid for the rifle. :P
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                  I thought the rule of thumb on "good" optics was to spend 2X what you paid for the rifle. :P
                  Depends on the optics and the rifle. I would be more than happy to put a $2000 S&B on a $5000 Blaser....

Comment

The funny thing is that 90% of real world hunters I know use cheap ass scopes.

I know my 300 scopes are not the best, but they are decent for 500 dollar rifles under 500 yards.

Most don't spend more than 50 bucks on binoculars either.

They kill a lot of animals with the cheap stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X