Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theoretical worst case scenario. Car buying gone bad. What do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    " I would like to cooperate fully. I would like to opportunity to consult with my attorney first"
    This. And on the 911 call something along the lines of "I would like you to send an officer and paramedic to xyz. There's been a shooting." and stay put. As soon as you hang up, start looking for an attorney if you don't have one on standby.

Oh and the police WILL think you're a DB who needs to eat concrete. Dont' say anything. Dummy up.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I haven't even thought about who I would call as my attorney if I had to pull the trigger - either CHL or Castle Doctrine. So if anyone has a recommendation, let me know.

I'm just web searching now, but this is interesting - I admit it smells like "you get what you pay for"... but $150 a year ain't a bad "insurance" policy.

Legal Defense For Self Defense? Educate. Prepare. Protect.™ Your safety is our priority. Legal Defense For Self Defense? Educate. Prepare. Protect.

Texas Law Shield is a firearms legal defense retainer program developed by Walker, Rice & Wisdom, P.C., Attorneys at Law. We are a law firm (not an insurance company or a referral service) that has developed a Texas wide program with a Multi-State option for all lawful gun owners in the State of Texas. You sign up and pay our firm a small monthly or annual retainer and you become a client of our firm. Then, if you ever are forced to use a gun, whether you pull the trigger or not, anywhere in the State of Texas (or in a state covered under the Multi-State Option) to defend yourself, others, or your property, we will defend your freedom for no additional attorneys' fees. We will represent you from the moment you call the special attorney-answered 24/7 hotline provided to you on your individual Client/Membership card. We will defend you through the police investigation, the grand jury proceeding, and through trial, both criminal and civil, all for no additional attorneys' fee. Monthly retainer is only $10.95 per client, with annual programs for CHL holders and non-CHL gun owners available as well.

Comment

You know that sounds pretty cool. They're advertised at Ammo Depot as well

Comment

Seems the "Non CHL" part is cheaper

LEGAL DEFENSE RETAINER PROGRAM NON-CHL

The Texas Law Shield Non-CHL Legal Defense Retainer Program is a legal retainer program of the law firm Walker, Rice, & Wisdom, P.C. The program is open to all persons who can legally own a firearm in Texas. If you enroll as one of the Non-CHL Legal Defense Retainer Program clients, we become your lawyer and you our client. You pay our firm $89.00 a year as an individual and $109.00 as a couple. Then, if you are forced to defend yourself, your family or your property with your gun, whether you pull the trigger or not, our law firm will defend you in any resulting police investigation, grand jury, or trial, criminal or civil. All you do is call our attorney-answered 24/7 shooting hotline and we begin representing you immediately. You are charged no additional attorneys' fees. Peace of mind for your gun ownership.

Comment

yeah that would suck
            b ut so would getting shot by some CL asshole.
            right move , so there really is nothing you can do about the police besides call them and explain only briefly what occured with no elaboration.
            The police are not your friends!

still whoever it is, they did the right thing by being prepared for a large cash exchange. they should just be happy it went down in there favor.

Comment

Your CHL and Texas Law Shield is a good start. Just like all insurances you hope to never need it but having it is piece of mind. I hope to never need a fire extinguisher but I have a few in the house.

You need to have a CHL if you are going to concealed carry a firearm. Taking a firearm to a meet "concealed" is going to be an issue should you have to articulate to a responding officer where the gun came from. It is going to be obvious; no one robs a guy with the gun already out.

Playing your scenario...you were just involved in a use of deadly force incident, physiologically you better have issues and not having those issues may actually look bad for you. Say as little as possible until you speak with a lawyer. Convey your willingness to cooperate but keep your mouth shut until you consult with legal counsel. You will go to jail.

For me....I suffer documented hypertension and take BP meds. I know that if I am under extreme stress (read physiological effects) I will have rapid heart beat and had I just shot someone I would like to seek medical attention which will not be denied.

Remember everything that you do or say leading up to pulling steal and launching lead, the things you say during your 911 call to what you say to the responding officer can and will be used against you in the court of law.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

You guys make it sound like a CHL is almost like a get out of jail free card. Are you telling me that by carrying a CHL you won't go to jail after a justified shooting? I mean, is that even a possibility? (I'm genuinely curious, no malice intended.)
                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

So is this fiction or a true scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    You guys make it sound like a CHL is almost like a get out of jail free card. Are you telling me that by carrying a CHL you won't go to jail after a justified shooting? I mean, is that even a possibility? (I'm genuinely curious, no malice intended.)
                    You are going to be arrested based on the shoot/deadly force encounter. Giving the officers the option of charging you with unlawful possession of a concealed firearm and worse "in the commision of a crime" (if you are found guilty of an unlawful shoot) just adds to the docket or list of charges. You give them the premise to hold you on the firearms charge and not the "manslaugher" allowing them to build the later case more.

CHL is far from a get out of jail.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      So is this fiction or a true scenario?
                      For me, fictional, but potentially non-fiction. While I can not, and don't pretend to, predict the future, "luck" has always shined on the prepared. I'm just going through the what if's on a situation that I've read about. I do NOT want to be this Marine.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      CHL is far from a get out of jail.
                      Understood.

Thanks for all your responses. I really do appreciate it.
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                        For me, fictional, but potentially non-fiction. While I can not, and don't pretend to, predict the future, "luck" has always shined on the prepared. I'm just going through the what if's on a situation that I've read about. I do NOT want to be this Marine.

Understood.

Thanks for all your responses. I really do appreciate it.
                        If you do, or plan to carry a firearm, get your CHL.

For the situation above (I've considered this selling my bike), I would meet them in a public place, probably Walmart, unless the local PD is near by.

In that EXACT situation, call me a pussy, but the money in my pockets isn't worth killing a man, nor is it worth fighting bullshit lawsuits.

At home, with a family would be VERY different.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          If you do, or plan to carry a firearm, get your CHL.

For the situation above (I've considered this selling my bike), I would meet them in a public place, probably Walmart, unless the local PD is near by.

In that EXACT situation, call me a pussy, but the money in my pockets isn't worth killing a man, nor is it worth fighting bullshit lawsuits.

At home, with a family would be VERY different.
                          Eh, I don't WANT to have to kill anyone, and would rather walk away than have to. The problem with your statement is that you are making an assumption that the guy pointing a gun at you isn't going too use it.

It may not be a choice of fighting bullshit, it may be the difference in fighting to live. If someone points a gun at me, I will do whatever is necessary to sustain my life.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                          X