Time to shoot some skeet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to shoot some skeet

Picked up my first sporting shotgun last night. Found a Remington 1100 in great shape to serve the purpose of a sporting/hunting shotgun. I think it's an older model classic trap, not 100% sure though, still looking into it. Has a built in improved choke, 28 inch vented/ribbed barrel, and a front bead sight.

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Good gun. I have both my grandpa's and dad's 1100. You can but a newer remchoke barrel on it if you want too.

Comment

Can I have first dibs when you decide to sell it next week?

Comment

Tell you what Adam, I'll make you a deal... If I put this up for sale within the next year, I'll buy you a box of skeet and pay for a trip to the skeet range. This isn't getting sold.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

My 1100 was made in 65, and its a sold shooter. I'm game for some sporting clays at Alpine one weekend.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'll bring out my 84yo Model 12 and we'll make some clay dust.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Figured I'd post a little range report. My gf and I headed down to her parents ranch where they have 80 acres with plenty of open land to shoot on to do some skeet shooting. After 150 rounds and a box of skeet I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the performance of this shotgun. Only 10 of the 150 rounds didn't feed completely from the magazine tube. Just a quick pull and release of the bolt fixed the issue. We had more problems with a half broken skeet thrower than we did anything else. Recoil was light and very manageable for the gf. Trips to the skeet range will become a regular thing from now on.

Comment

Thats a gorgeous 1100. I love my 20ga Wingmaster, but I fell in love with those 1100s now after giving one a try. I was out shooting skeet at the "local" range and a guy came up with one of those. I've never had a chance to fire an 1100 before and he was shooting 3" rounds. Bet me the felt recoil of it would be less than my 20ga. I didn't believe him till I shot it. Kicks like a damn .223, loved it. Now I want one congrats on the find.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Figured I'd post a little range report. My gf and I headed down to her parents ranch where they have 80 acres with plenty of open land to shoot on to do some skeet shooting. After 150 rounds and a box of skeet I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the performance of this shotgun. Only 10 of the 150 rounds didn't feed completely from the magazine tube. Just a quick pull and release of the bolt fixed the issue. We had more problems with a half broken skeet thrower than we did anything else. Recoil was light and very manageable for the gf. Trips to the skeet range will become a regular thing from now on.
                  I ran thousands of rounds through my first 1100 and don't recall a single issue. You are probably due for a little maintenance on that puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    I ran thousands of rounds through my first 1100 and don't recall a single issue. You are probably due for a little maintenance on that puppy.
                    I love my 1100. My father bought it back in the 70's and I have been shooting it my entire life.
                    The only issue I have ever had, is using shitty ammo with aluminum bases that would expand when fired; causing extracting and cycling issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      Ding,ding,ding. we have a winner. Sounds like a little cleaning will cure that. Love my 1100.

Comment

It's the o-ring. They need to be replaced every few years. I need to replace the one in my 1187. If you buy a pack I'll split it with you.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          It's the o-ring. They need to be replaced every few years. I need to replace the one in my 1187. If you buy a pack I'll split it with you.
                          Hmm, I should replace mine also, I'm pretty sure I was the first one to clean it since it was built... In 65
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've got a spare o-ring if you want to stop over and pick it up

Comment

I've had this gun nearly 2 years and it's been a great shotgun. Having provided hours of entertainment at the skeet range and eating several thousand rounds, it finally broke on me a couple weeks back.

There's a thin piece of metal staked on the inside of the receiver called the feed latch that helps guide rounds into the magazine and these pieces are notorious for breaking. It's a cheap $22 part that requires some disassembly for repair. With that being said, I decided to give the gun a little makeover while I had everything apart. The makeover consisted of synthetic furniture, tactical bolt handle, supercell recoil pad, and a hi-viz fiber optic sight.

Now before you say anything, I REALLY like the wood furniture and I saved it to throw back on there later. I've picked up a couple scratches in the wood from trips to the range and I'd rather beat up this synthetic stuff rather than the wood.

Comment

Working...
                              X