Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .357 Snub Nose Shooters

I've got a question for you.

What is it like handling some hot .357 loads out of your < 2" snub nose revolvers? Wild? Looking for another CCW and got to handle a S&W340 yesterday... really like the weight and size. The crimson laser is pretty sweet too, don't know if I'd get one with it though. I've got the setup to reload 38/357, that is why I am considering the round.

Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

I had a 2 1/2" Python years ago, and it was a handful with anything other than .38's. It's an "up close" weapon anyway, since staying on target is not an option with a 21/2" barrel. In an emergency, the last thing you will think about is recoil or noise, which it has plenty of.

Comment

I have a 2 1/2" SP101 and shooting super hot .357 rounds out of it has never bothered me.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Its not a 357 but my s&w 15 is pretty damned accurate and its a 2" barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
          I've got a question for you.

What is it like handling some hot .357 loads out of your < 2" snub nose revolvers? Wild? Looking for another CCW and got to handle a S&W340 yesterday... really like the weight and size. The crimson laser is pretty sweet too, don't know if I'd get one with it though. I've got the setup to reload 38/357, that is why I am considering the round.

Dont shoot the 357's in an eclosed space, its freaking loud out of a 2" barrel. You'll also catch crap on fire, the muzzle flash is pretty impressive.

Your better off just shooting 38's out of it

Comment

The scandium 1 7/8" barreled 357s are the absolutely most brutal recoiling pistol I have ever fired. Im also not what most would call "recoil sensitive". It has to do with the child sized grips as much as anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
              The scandium 1 7/8" barreled 357s are the absolutely most brutal recoiling pistol I have ever fired. Im also not what most would call "recoil sensitive". It has to do with the child sized grips as much as anything.
              Including your Alaskan?
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                Including your Alaskan?
                Including every pistol ive ever shot. The amount of recoil wouldn't be bad, except that the gun rotates so fast that its like an m80 going off in your hand. I want one to play with, but $700+ for something that is so small and violent is more than I can justify.

With a real grip that a normal man could hold, it would be a different story entirely.

Comment

Including every pistol ive ever shot. The amount of recoil wouldn't be bad, except that the gun rotates so fast that its like an m80 going off in your hand. I want one to play with, but $700+ for something that is so small and violent is more than I can justify.

With a real grip that a normal man could hold, it would be a different story entirely.
                  I guess I'm glad I got the 642 then. I wanted to be able to shoot .357 Mag but I couldn't justify the extra cost. Sounds like it's not worth the punishment to shoot .357 out of a 13 oz gun with a midget grip.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I have an LCR that I carry a lot. I like it for carry. I took it to the range one time and went thru a box of 50 shells. It was more accurate than I thought it would be. I put 49 of 50, maybe all if I went thru an existing hole, on target at various distances up to 15 yards out with .357 rounds. I'm not what I would consider recoil sensitive either, but it wasn't what I would call fun. It was like someone hit my hand with a hammer 50 times.lol The gun was cheap enough though. It's what I find myself carrying the most. Fits in the change pocket of jeans.

Comment

If Adam is saying that this pistol is brutal than it would probably amputate any normal human who tries to shoot it

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        I guess I'm glad I got the 642 then. I wanted to be able to shoot .357 Mag but I couldn't justify the extra cost. Sounds like it's not worth the punishment to shoot .357 out of a 13 oz gun with a midget grip.
                        A 642 converted to 9mm would be my ideal BUG/pocket carry

Comment

As per my OP though, I have a huge stockpile of 357/38 brass... I think I may still opt for it and load carry rounds in 357, and practice with both.
                          Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

As per my OP though, I have a huge stockpile of 357/38 brass... I think I may still opt for it and load carry rounds in 357, and practice with both.
                            check your gmail damnit.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

You could always load the .357s up pretty mild ( as much as your tolerance will allow).

Don't expect to be able to hit something under stress with nasty loads if they're not tolerable at the range.

Comment

Working...
                              X