Which 10mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    I just think if he wants to use this as a side arm for pigs, a compact is not the way to go.
    I agree with that, just pointing out that 10mm in a compact is still pretty solid.
    I'm curious, how many rounds did you have though it?
    No idea. Lots and lots and lots.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

CJ & Tony, what would be a better option for a CHL carry weapon in a Witness Compact, .45 or 10mm?
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        CJ & Tony, what would be a better option for a CHL carry weapon in a Witness Compact, .45 or 10mm?
        .45 will have better resale.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Personally... I'd choose a .45 compact witness converted to .45 super. 10mm is too beast for 12" of people meat. I'm in the process of converting mine over, I'll let you know how it does performance wise.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            I see what you did there.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

hehehe
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Personally... I'd choose a .45 compact witness converted to .45 super. 10mm is too beast for 12" of people meat. I'm in the process of converting mine over, I'll let you know how it does performance wise.
                What are you doing for the conversion, just putting in a heavier spring?
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  What are you doing for the conversion, just putting in a heavier spring?
                  Heavier spring and I'm going to work up loads to see how it does. The barrel is mostly supported, just a tad of a gap on a small part (nothing like your traditional 1911). I've heard several people just swapping springs and being fine, but I might change barrels.

Comment

Damn you guys, now I gotta go check out EAAs in 10mm

Comment

Originally posted by scot View Post
                      Spent some time away but keep getting pulled back in.

Stuck between Glock 29SF or 20SF or a Colta Delta Elite.

About $400 more for the Delta Elite, but I've had great success with 1911 accuracy more so than glock. Primarily will be for lease carry/shooting hogs in trap/zombies.

I have heard negatives on the 1911 failing under 10mm power as well as toting around a full size steel 1911 is substantial. Wouldn't ever get into full on deer hunting with it but while bow hunting I'd like to feel prepared if a another group of 20 pigs came in.

Standard capacity I believe on the 1911 is 10, while the Glock 20 is 15.

What say you.
                      If you like the 1911, and feel that you shoot it better, then buy the 1911.
                      Worst case scenario, you decide you don't like it and sell it. Plenty of people are buying 1911s, and plenty of people are selling Glock 20s.

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      I would feel guilty about taking a Delta Elite out hunting. Not so much a Glock or Witness. For the range, I'd take the Delta Elite, but for what you want, I'd take the Glock 20 or full-size Witness.
                      Why would you feel guilty about taking a large volume production gun out hunting? It's a $1000 Colt. Ignore the horse and put it to work. It's not a $4000 custom.

If you're going to get a glock, get a 20, do not get a subcompact. 10mm is pretty useless in short barrels, it doesn't have enough time to burn the powder. Glock 20's are a lot cheaper, and they are very tough - ESPECIALLY with an aftermarket barrel. If this is for hunting, get a 20, a 6" aftermarket hunter barrel, and never look back.

The Witness as mentioned before is one hell of a gun for the money. I would definitely recommend one given it's price. If price is a concern, I'd recommend the witness or glock 20. The witness is good to go out of the box, the glock is best utilized with an aftermarket barrel. They also make hunter versions. 10mm loves the shit out of an extra inch of barrel
                      The Glock 29 makes a very versatile carry gun. If you don't plan on carrying it concealed, then there is absolutely no reason to sacrifice the shootability of a full size gun.

Comment

Why would you feel guilty about taking a large volume production gun out hunting? It's a $1000 Colt. Ignore the horse and put it to work. It's not a $4000 custom.
                        Because I'm cheap.
                        The Glock 29 makes a very versatile carry gun. If you don't plan on carrying it concealed, then there is absolutely no reason to sacrifice the shootability of a full size gun.
                        Word.
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I take my delta out hunting. It's stainless - if it gets scratched I just polish it out. My Jeep has a hole dug out of the center console from my delta rubbing up again it from driving.

now, my python... that's too nice to hunt with. Which is what I'm looking for a raging bull.

Comment

I got money down on a glock 20 at GT distributors. 460 bucks is cheap.. Picking it up in a few weeks.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X