So I bought a new shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought a new shotgun

I am not a big gun guy but every now and again something perks my interest. I had been looking at the KSG Keltec but then got to studying shotguns more and more. We carry the basic 870 but I am not a huge pump fan and like the idea of more capacity and magazines. So today I said wth and pulled the trigger on a Saiga 12. My firearms guy was also very impressed and will probably be getting the other one they had tomorrow. I really like them with the adjustable stock and pistol grip. We will see how well I like it tomorrow after a few rounds.

Whos your Daddy?

I'm a fan of them based of specifications and holding it. Never fired one though, but considering how much I like 12ga anything - I probably should get one some day.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Just needs conversion now! I've been thinking about getting one myself.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
        Just needs conversion now! I've been thinking about getting one myself.
        Soon
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Nice. I love mine!
          Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

My first ever major mod to any gun. Took me about six hours but I learned a lot about the gun. I could do another in an hour or two. Better tools and better understanding of what they sent me would have sped it up some. I may end up with a Benelli or a SPX 930 just to play around and compare the two. What can I say I like shottys. Yes it is very compliant also.

Last edited by kingjason; 03-18-2012, 10:22 PM.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

How much did you pay, if you don't me asking?

There's a pawn shop down here with a pair of Saigas and I'm wondering if they're close on price.

Comment

708 out the door I think and it came with the sights and 10 round additional mag. CJ said they can be had cheaper but I thnk there was something that came up with the importers. 350 for the conversion stuff and some additional pieces. I was going to build a AR but a friend of mine is getting me a hell of a buy on a Colt so I decided on a shotgun. Not a huge gun collector but will have a few nice pieces and lots of ammo, plus we are going to get these approved for carry.
                Last edited by kingjason; 03-18-2012, 10:34 PM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

They are a blast, now you just need a ridiculous magazine to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    They are a blast, now you just need a ridiculous magazine to go with it.

I put the wrong pics in. After a lot of thought I am sticking with the 10 rounds and I bought two more the other day. Like I said in another thread, if I can not hit what I am trying to in 10 rounds, I am being attacked by zombies or something. I think the twelve is just to long. Now the 20 or 30 round drum I may get just to screw around with.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ths guy wll be getting my money next and then I am done. He does some bad a$$ work and cool stuff with the charging handles.

Okay, in another thread I introduced yall to Paulys Groovy Match Trigger lever refinements for improved high-end feel, superior trigger control & vastly improved ergonomics from the tapco G-2 FCG. Here is a side by side comparison of the trigger lever modifications compared to a stock Tapco G...
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Make sure you do the left side charging handle as well

Comment

I picked one up yesterday... Got to shoot today and I love this thing... I need to get at least some 10 round mags - the 5 just goes too fast!

Comment

I bit the bullet and bought 250 rounds of Remington Express 00 last week. I was wondering why mine liked to shoot all that junk my buddy had on setting #2 instead of #1 like it should have been, and a had a few fail to ejects even on #2. There was really no telling what all he had I was shooting so I was getting mixed feelings. Well today with the new stuff it ran flawless on #1 setting like it should. One of the guys we work with texted my buddy and asked if that was us he heard blasting away. He lives about a mile and a half away but the Saiga has a very distinct sound to it. Two things I learned the hard way just FYI. Keep the gun loaded but keep the bolt locked open or it will deform the top rounds and cause issues with fail to feed. Do not put one in and then top it off, it is not a fan of this at all. The guy that reprofiles the bolts makes it so you can keep it closed with one in the hole but I like it just how it sits.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Jason I want to shoot that thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X