No announcement yet.

Have to turn a gun in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would a ranger come to get the gun when ATF regulates all firearms? when i had my interview i even asked this scenario. the investigator who was here told me that you never give a gun up to police if it stolen without an ATF agent there.
    first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
      why would a ranger come to get the gun when ATF regulates all firearms? when i had my interview i even asked this scenario. the investigator who was here told me that you never give a gun up to police if it stolen without an ATF agent there.
      I would assume that since it wasnt a federal crime is why an agent was not directly involved in the hand over

Comment

NEWEST UPDATE!!!!!!!

today i recieved a check from the Grayson County DA's office for 249.99. which is what i paid for the rifle.
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

What about the tax you paid?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            What about the tax you paid?
            honestly i am happy to get this back. i can deal with a 20 buck loss
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I hear ya. I just like how they left it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post
                  I've seen this process in person problem with the pawn law is it is not staffed well and those that do staff it are not the quickest lot out there. process works like this
                  1) guy walks into store and sells gun
                  2) pawn check ticket is filled out and signed by seller has make model cal and s/n
                  3) ticket is either gathered and an officer comes by once a month to pick them up or the dealer can chose to send them in on their dime.
                  dealer is required to hold the item 3 weeks from date of purchase to allow for processing. Now you do the math here folks. if the dealer does not send in the tickets and waits for the officer to pick them up any gun bought in the first week of the month is eligible to sell BEFORE THE TICKET IS PICKED UP

the system was a joke. Arlington has moved to a computer system to enter the info only problem is the is still slow. The item is able to be sold in 3 weeks the system still takes 4-6 to process. odds are the stolen item will be in private hands once the police figure out it's stolen. What sucks is usually the dealer will give some form or refund to the customer (money or store credit) but the dealer has no way to get their investment back. And before anyone says "serves em right for buying stolen merchandise" you tell me how to tell the difference just looking at it. you go to a gun show and buy a gun from the guy walking the rows how do you know it's not stolen. just cuz he's dressed like a banker doesn't mean it's not and just cuz he's dressed as a thug doesn't mean it is
                  Pawn tickets are not manually picked up by officers any more. All legit pawn shops' pawn software automatically transfers each pawn to Leads Online as soon as you hit the "process" button. I can say that all of MY people try their best to read customers so that we do not take in stolen merchandise. Unfortunately we can't catch them all, and something comes up as stolen once every 4-6 months. I can't speak for other stores, but we will gladly refund a customer money if something they purchased was confiscated. It's all about customer service. I would much rather cough up a few hundreds bucks than potentially lose a customer for life.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                    Pawn tickets are not manually picked up by officers any more. All legit pawn shops' pawn software automatically transfers each pawn to Leads Online as soon as you hit the "process" button. I can say that all of MY people try their best to read customers so that we do not take in stolen merchandise. Unfortunately we can't catch them all, and something comes up as stolen once every 4-6 months. I can't speak for other stores, but we will gladly refund a customer money if something they purchased was confiscated. It's all about customer service. I would much rather cough up a few hundreds bucks than potentially lose a customer for life.
                    I'm sure this asshole would flash his badge if he were ever questioned about ownership.

Comment

Working...
                    X