Got my Form 4 CLEO signoff back today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David View Post
    Theres no call in on a 4473 when one buys an nfa item as the background has already been done.

The rest of the thread, who cares.
    Ahhhh.....

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      Multiple legal owners and operators and not having my fingerprints and photo on file at the county office is more than enough reason to avoid the direct route for me. That and having to ask approval which could potentially be denied. And I don't have time to do that unfortunately. I barely have time to pick the damn guns up.
      Just FYI when Anderson signed off on mine he didn't keep nor get prints of photos sent him the blank copies I originally went the individual route because I didn't have time to have the trust or LLC drawn up. I am thinking about doing my next round of Form 1 stuff in an LLC A) because I can pick a cool name to engrave on the stuff and B) ATF isn't f'n with LLC's like they do Trusts at least not yet

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        What do you mean, stay on top of it? Just add each item to the schedule as you get it?
        I believe what he is referring to is the rules for trusts get changed here and there Not often but they have been and if your trust is not amended it is not valid (told to me by tech branch) problem is if they make a change they don't tell you it's up to you to keep track. Up side is they also do not go looking for screwed up trusts but if you send in for a new can and your trust is wrong and you have a buncha stuff already listed on your property list expect a call from the men in black.

Just out of curiosity why not advocate the LLC route? Businessdoes not have to make or lose anything any profit passes through to your W2 so no corp taxes to file unless you want to depreciate or take loses. Any changes to the LLC laws and State notifies you plus you get tax benefit and even easier to add and remove people from the useable list.

Comment

Working...
        X