Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel like I should spend money with the Trumps, somehow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I should spend money with the Trumps, somehow.

The long story short is, Donald Trumps sons are being blasted in the media for going on a safari, and that's ridiculous. DFWMustangs group trip to Atlantic City, anyone?

Though the two men- Donald Trump Jr. (left) and Eric Trump (right)- deny any wrong doing and proudly argue that they are hunters, many animal rights advocates are taking jabs at the pair.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Most public media is followed highly by the anti hunting/ anti gun crowds. I'm not sure whats worse the ones making threats about hunting them or the ones that have no idea how much a safari helps the local economy of the area. If the safari never happened the animals would be killed anyways to prevent starvation or with the big cats threat to livestock and villagers.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I'm even more surprised at how many so called animal lovers can't tell the difference froma Cheetah and a Leopard.

Comment

Dude, I know. What I don't know, however, is how to get these fucking hippies to listen when I explain the ethics of the modern hunter. They can't differentiate between an above board and legal hunter, and a rhino poacher.

Comment

It's very crazy that most can't rationalize that regulated hunting does more for the preservation of game than any amount of tree hugging bullshit does. Look at the population of the Whitetail deer in Texas before regulated hunting they were far and few between now they are more populated than they have been in 100 years, it just amaze's me to no end at how blind some people are. It must be amazing at the pure hate mail that some PH's probably receive each year.

Comment

I'm not a fan of big cat killing and definitely not of elephants (aren't their numbers fairly small?), but everything else there, good to go.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              I'm not a fan of big cat killing and definitely not of elephants (aren't their numbers fairly small?), but everything else there, good to go.
              Elephant populations vary by country, and I can't speak to Zimbabwe's population levels, but in areas where their numbers get high, they can become a real problem. Also, when they're used for managed hunts that bring in a lot of money, the villagers are way more likely to protect game species like elephants and leopards from poachers that don't care how they're managed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                Elephant populations vary by country, and I can't speak to Zimbabwe's population levels, but in areas where their numbers get high, they can become a real problem. Also, when they're used for managed hunts that bring in a lot of money, the villagers are way more likely to protect game species like elephants and leopards from poachers that don't care how they're managed.
                Good points. Good to know.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Trumps don't need our money, they'll be fine. If things get bad, they may have to sell an aircraft or two.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The only reason some of these animals are still walking on this earth is because some one is willing to pay big bucks to hunt them.

The killing of an elephant disgust me because I do not believe it to be sporting. Killing a Leopard doesn't bother me one bit because they kill more people then people kill them; hell I have tried doing it myself with a heart full of hate. Don't care about the rest and PETA can lick my ass.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm just pissed at them for not inviting me!!!!

I think the PETA issues stem from people who are too far removed from their food source. Not to get too political, but it floors me how these people are against killing animals for any reason and the death penalty, but they generally have no problem with killing unborn humans.

Comment

I can believe they aren’t getting blasted more to be honest. The average person doesn’t know anything on how big game hunting works in Africa nor do they care to try to understand it. Our family has hunted Africa for over 40 years now so I have a little bit of knowledge on the subject and know the good that it does but I've stopped having conversations with non-hunters who get all bent out of shape about it because they just dont want to believe that hunting is beneficial to the survival of the species. The White Rhino is a perfect example about how hunting dollar brought an animals back from the brink.

People always bring up "Aren’t Elephants populations low?" In some areas yes, but in some there are too many, and when you have too many Elephants in one area they can destroy habitat.
                        "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                        East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                        https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                          The killing of an elephant disgust me because I do not believe it to be sporting.
                          I bet my bottom dollar that if you get out in the field and have to put a stalk on a big bull you'll change your mind. Despite their horrible eye sight they have excellent hearing and sense of smell and it's not as easy as just walking up on him.
                          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

This has nothing to do with the ethics but I personally couldn't kill a lot of African game for sport. Elephants and giraffe for example. If that's someone else's thing though more power to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                              I bet my bottom dollar that if you get out in the field and have to put a stalk on a big bull you'll change your mind. Despite their horrible eye sight they have excellent hearing and sense of smell and it's not as easy as just walking up on him.
                              Nothing a few through and through gut shots with a 750 grain bullet from 500 yards away will not take care of. This type of hunting is why I do not think of elephant hunting as sporting. I am sure that harpooning a blue whale is also tough to do but I have no desire to do it either. To each their own I say; you are free to do as you please without me getting on your ass about it.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X