I finally hit the 500yrd club...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally hit the 500yrd club...

Well simple breakdown, built some "A" stands with my cousin to hold some AR500 12inch round plates and took them out to his coworkers ranch yesterday just north of Sanger. Laid all 3 stands out and (190/300/500) and hit the 500yrd mark with a SPS 700 223...
    I was hitting the 300yrd mark with the AR and a red dot all day...
    I've never shot anything that far and i have to say its a long poke...

But its addicting. I shoot long range as often as I can, as most coyotes are a running 200 yard shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      But its addicting. I shoot long range as often as I can, as most coyotes are a running 200 yard shot.
      yes, after hitting the 300yrd mark it started to get boring. It was a challenge to hit the 500yrd when I've never shot anything that far..
      We will be hitting the targets soon..
      ill try to get some pics of the target stands we built at my shop..

Comment

That's awesome!

I got your text on that holster you let me use. Do you remember which model it is? /threadjack

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
          That's awesome!

I got your text on that holster you let me use. Do you remember which model it is? /threadjack
          Your packing a Glock right?

**Edit..
          I attempted to get onto the site to see which one it was, and for some odd reason it keeps shutting my laptop down..Once i get to the site, ill shoot you a PM on which one it was..

Comment

Congrats! I started hitting 500 last time I was home on vacation (July 2011) and found it very very addicting! I was able to hit the 4" swinger a few times also. I have a 700 SPS Tactical in .308 and can't wait to shoot it when I get home again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
              Congrats! I started hitting 500 last time I was home on vacation (July 2011) and found it very very addicting! I was able to hit the 4" swinger a few times also. I have a 700 SPS Tactical in .308 and can't wait to shoot it when I get home again.
              Yes for sure,
              I would like to sling some led at some coyotes or hogs up to 300yrds. Once I get the 500yrd down to where im confident then im good to go..But as of now ill just keep it around 300 with a red dot..

Comment

Shit, in the service its 300 meters open sites. A man's silhouette is just as wide as the front site post.

We went to a 700m range once, that shit was a joke. I don't think anyone hit anything at 700m open sites. I couldn't even find the target.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

But its addicting.
                  Thats no lie , It's very addicting I need to make some time and sneek off to Tac-Pro so I can shoot a grand again.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Shit, in the service its 300 meters open sites. A man's silhouette is just as wide as the front site post.

We went to a 700m range once, that shit was a joke. I don't think anyone hit anything at 700m open sites. I couldn't even find the target.
                    At Camp Perry Infantry Shoot out, you start at 600 yards (Open sights) and work your way down to 200 yards.

The competition is won or lost at the 600 & 500 yard line.

Comment

I just might try 500 today for the 1st time myself.
                      Photobucket

Comment

My local range is 600. My personal range can be over a mile.

Another benifit of being a land owner.

Comment

My local range is 600. My personal range can be over a mile.

Another benifit of being a land owner.
                          A good friends place I shoot at can go on for several miles but doesn't right now due to lack of a backstop, but that will soon be remedied if we ever put some out that he built.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Furthest I've hit was 400 yards and it's pretty damn fun. Trying some new powder charges with some Lapua bullets. Once I find I good setup gonna go to TacPro and see what I can do.

Comment

How about a range g2g for this? I'd be down for that, and I've been looking at getting a Rem .308. Never shot anything past 100 yards, and just have a cheap Bushmaster AR-15 at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X