Back in for 223

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in for 223

The wife now wants the 223, which is good for me, cause I always get to shoot her guns.

Anyway, looking for Savage 223 with nice trigger (accu trigger) long barrel (24/26") bull barrel.
    Photobucket

How much you wanting to spend?
    Model 10, 12, or 25.

10:
    Hunter Series, Package Series, Specialty Series, Law Enforcement Series
    12:
    12 Series Varmint, Target Rifle Series
    25:
    Lightweight Varminter Series
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Honestly, I really dont know. She said that she had 500 she wanted to put towards a good 223. I was hoping to find a good used with accutrigger and bull barrel somewhere close to that.

I have a buddy that just ordered a Savage like I want on line for a lefty and payed 608.00 out the door.
      Photobucket

Comment

Academy has or had the model 25 with thumbhole stock for around $500 not too long ago. You may check with them and see if any stores in the area have one. The Lewisville location had it in .204Ruger and .223...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Academy has or had the model 25 with thumbhole stock for around $500 not too long ago. You may check with them and see if any stores in the area have one. The Lewisville location had it in .204Ruger and .223...
          Bull barrel?
          Photobucket

Comment

Yep, bull barrel, laminate wood thumb hole stock, accutrigger..

Comment

Depending on her build...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                None of the Academy stores carry them.
                Photobucket

Comment

That is odd. They had them back in Jan... Maybe they shipped them back to the distributor and stopped carrying them?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                    he brings up a good point. if I remember last (2002-3) she was pretty short. Length of Pull (LOP) and weight will be pretty important for her to shoot comfortably.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I know your dead set on a bull barrel, but look at the tikka.

They have a under moa from the factory. I also like the triggers vs the accutrigger.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        he brings up a good point. if I remember last (2002-3) she was pretty short. Length of Pull (LOP) and weight will be pretty important for her to shoot comfortably.
                        She hasnt gotten any taller.
                        Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        I know your dead set on a bull barrel, but look at the tikka.

They have a under moa from the factory. I also like the triggers vs the accutrigger.
                        Maybe not dead set. Heavy barrel would be ok. I might concider another Rem 700 sps in 223.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                          She hasnt gotten any taller.

Maybe not dead set. Heavy barrel would be ok. I might concider another Rem 700 sps in 223.
                          this with a Badger magazine conversion and a good scope

I have this same setup in .308.....actually have not even put a single round through it yet though.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I also have a Tikka, but in .308, and have to agree they are superb rifles with excellent triggers and worlds above Rem and Savage in smoothness of the action... Again you are welcome to try anything I have.

Comment

The only down fall to tikkas is the factory scope rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X