Which .30 Caliber suppressor for Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which .30 Caliber suppressor for Hunting

Just like the title states which .30 caliber suppressor for hunting?
    I am probably going to build a .300 whisper for hunting now with a 16 inch barrel and I will use the suppressor for it as well as my DPMS LR308-AP4. Which one would you recommend for use with both of them? I have contemplated a Gemtech HVT-QD quick detach or the AAC SR7. I am leaning toward the HVT-QD because I purchase most of my class III items at SAW and they stock Gemtech.
    However if there is a huge advantage with going to the AAC or other route I will. I have been very happy so far with my Gemtech G5 and Trinity Multi Mount.
    Last edited by Boomhauer; 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM.

why not shop locally and get a titanium suppressor from David@SharkPrecision.com in Plano - he makes the 5.56 Hammerhead, 7.62 Shark and also something for larger calibers as well...

Shark Precision

Comment

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
      why not shop locally and get a titanium suppressor from David@SharkPrecision.com in Plano - he makes the 5.56 Hammerhead, 7.62 Shark and also something for larger calibers as well...

Shark Precision
      I would recommend SAS (http://www.suppressedarmament.com/) over Shark through Jeff. It's much cheaper (less than half the price), more than twice as light, offered in 3 different attachment options, and rated for .300WM also. I've listened to both cans (the tigershark and the Arbiter, and couldn't tell any difference in sound).
      Last edited by CJ; 03-31-2012, 09:45 AM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ive been happy with the AAC cyclone.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Ive been happy with the AAC cyclone.
          I would consider the SAS Arbiter over the AAC. It weighs much less, performs the same, and it's much cheaper. And it's rated for .300WM. For me, weight is a HUGE deal. The AAC changes my point of impact SUBSTANTIALLY at 500+ yards. The Arbiter has NO POI change within 500 yards, that's incredible. The Shark suppressors are absolutely ridiculous w/ 1.5lbs of weight on the muzzle - completely off the charts unacceptable. It would increase the weight of a typical .300 SBR by nearly 33%.
          Last edited by CJ; 03-31-2012, 09:41 AM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have never seen suppressed armament before. I am going to have to check them out. I would like it as light as possible so when I am hunting I can keep a steady sight picture. Weight is important along with build quality.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought it was illegal to hunt with a suppressor?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Forgive my ignorance, but I thought it was illegal to hunt with a suppressor?
                Only game species, not non-game like hogs.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ahh, gotcha.

Comment

Not illegal to hunt with a suppressor anymore whether its a game animal or varmint, TPWD passed a law Thursday allowing the use of suppressors.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

CJ, It looks like I am going to go with the Arbiter Titanium with the quick detach muzzle break. I like the fact that is less than 1lb and the price is just right at 895 for the QD model.

Who should I go to for the transfer? I am sure that SAW could do it for me, however I have never bought something that they do not stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
                        CJ, It looks like I am going to go with the Arbiter Titanium with the quick detach muzzle break. I like the fact that is less than 1lb and the price is just right at 895 for the QD model.

Who should I go to for the transfer? I am sure that SAW could do it for me, however I have never bought something that they do not stock.
                        Jeff Dowdle is an SOT, on the board, and in the mid-cities, if that's not too far. He's also a stand up dude, FWIW. His screen name is livetoshoot. PM him.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          Jeff Dowdle is an SOT, on the board, and in the mid-cities, if that's not too far. He's also a stand up dude, FWIW. His screen name is livetoshoot. PM him.
                          Thanks I will send him a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
                            Thanks I will send him a PM.

Expect 1 month for it to be built, he works on a backlog and it's only 1 guy that markets, builds, and ships.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              I would consider the SAS Arbiter over the AAC. It weighs much less, performs the same, and it's much cheaper. And it's rated for .300WM. For me, weight is a HUGE deal. The AAC changes my point of impact SUBSTANTIALLY at 500+ yards. The Arbiter has NO POI change within 500 yards, that's incredible. The Shark suppressors are absolutely ridiculous w/ 1.5lbs of weight on the muzzle - completely off the charts unacceptable. It would increase the weight of a typical .300 SBR by nearly 33%.
                              What do you consider MUCH cheaper? Arbiter has "prices starting as low as $795.00" but the MSRP on the AAC Cyclone is $850, or $795 for the Cyclone-K.

Comment

Working...
                              X