Can you limp wrist an AR style rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you limp wrist an AR style rifle?

I ask because my son and I were out at the sand pit taking a couple of quick potshots after we picked up our key, and he kept having his .22 AR get a round caught with the nose practically in the slot the charging handle runs in. I would have to pull the bolt out and it would drop free. But it ran fine when I would shoot.

I am wondering, since we were sitting and shooting braced off our knees and I think he was letting the rifle roll to the right a bit.
    Jon

.22 LR or .223 Remington?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
      his .22 AR
      ^ Uhhh
      2012 GT500

Comment

I can't really help you with your problem, but just wanted to ask you what you thought of the sand pit? I will be picking my key up as soon as I get back to the states. Maybe a little GTG will be in order.

Comment

Sand pit?

Comment

It's a .22 lr by cmmg. I'll take some pics of it when I get home from work this morning.

The sand pit is perfect. Bring a cooler and lots of water and some kind of shade. Didn't have time to explore the woods today but I am going to try and get back out thurs or fri. Being able to shoo the cheap ammo the m38 was wonderful. Easily hot the steel at 100 yards with a steady crosswind. I think it's worth the money and Kevin the owner seems like a great guy.
            Jon

Comment

If it's inertia operated then it can be limp wristed but doubtful if gas operated. Is it an conversion or a dedicated rifle?
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Glad you guys liked it. Were you out there with the fam yesterday? I was the one in the black jeep.

Comment

I shoot all of my guns "free recoil".

Comment

Explain this "Sand Pit"...please...

Comment

Its an old sand pit a fellow bought and is kinda making it similar to the way I understand Mickey's works but is currently only taking CHL holders as members. FMJ is good to go and if no one is there then I think you can actually shoot about 300 yds if you want. Its just outside of Greenville.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                        Glad you guys liked it. Were you out there with the fam yesterday? I was the one in the black jeep.
                        It was just me and my son and Kevin when I was there. Think we left like 12:30-1. I was the goofball who had the mustang down in the pit lol.
                        Jon

Comment

Ah, we got there around 2.

And yes, from the yellow bucket to the targets is 300y.

Comment

If it's a ciener kit, then I believe those are blowback recoil operated like most 22's. Yes you could limp wrist them, but I really doubt it given the weight of the weapon. You can't limp wrist a gas operated AR15 though.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Its a dedicated .22 upper, i think its a ciener style kit, no gas system at all. It only happened when he would shoot. It would fire, extract, then the round being fed in would do this.

The nose of the bullet would really jam in there. Then I would open the rifle and pull the bolt and this is what it looked like.

I was guessing the rifle is still too heavy for him without his bipod. But by the time he's strong enough to hold it without rolling he'll be an expert clearing this malfunction lol.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X