Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Handgun Academy CHL Classes

Anyone been?

Looks to be a pretty decent deal. They take your photos, help you fill out the paperwork, etc. all for $100 plus filing fee.

I did my renewal there, and it was awesome.

Comment

I can't open the link. Where is it?

Comment

That is what I paid at the Arlington Sportsman Club. I would jump on that deal.
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I can't open the link. Where is it?
          635 and Plano, North end of Lake highlands I think.

Comment

I paid that at On Target. It included range time, ammo, using one of their pistols if desired, photos, finger printing, and notary. I walked out with a completed packet ready to mail. Now they even include the electronic finger printing in the price.

Comment

That's not a bad shop. I really like the owner. Some of the instructors are a tab bit biased towards certain pistols, and they will be a little gruff if you do not agree with them. It is going to be a pretty bland class from my experience. The go over the laws and what not, but not so much on the entertainment (just from my experience there).

As far as the paperwork, there is not any paperwork that they can help you with really. All of the forms are done online now. The only thing that you get from a CHL class is the CHL-100 and the CHL-6(both are just one sheet).

For fingerprints, everyone has to go through the same place now. (http://www.l1enrollment.com/) A few guns shops are registered to do it, but they are not allowed to do only CHL prints; they also have to do prints for every other type of application (nurse, teacher, etc).

Overall the price is ok. The shop I work with is doing them for $75 right now, but you have to drive out to Rockwall. So if it costs you $25 in gas then you are not going to save any $$, but if its less then $25 in gas, you will save money.

Comment

Got mine and my girls done for 40 each through Craigslist.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X