chl renewal questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chl renewal questions.

So, my renewal is coming up and was thinking of getting the wife through the class at the same time. Has anyone seen this new requirement to have NEW fingerprints done even for renewals? WTF? Seems the state has contracted with a service that sends the fingerprints in digital form. We had to use this service recently for an application and it SUCKED balls. Place only accepted checks. No cash and no credit/debit cards? seriously? It also stated you can't go to local PD's to do fingerprint cards now.

anyway, looking to see if anyone has found a loop hole so we don't have to spend $80+ dollars for finger prints for us.

thanks.

I found a place in Arlington off of I-30 that did my finger prints for 30.00. Sounds like to me, you just need to do some research. I got it all done in 2011 for less then 300.00. Class, fees, and fingerprinting.
    2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
    2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
    2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Venice (on here) did my renewal. I didn't need new prints. It is only if the state requests it.

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
        I found a place in Arlington off of I-30 that did my finger prints for 30.00. Sounds like to me, you just need to do some research. I got it all done in 2011 for less then 300.00. Class, fees, and fingerprinting.
        Overpaid

Comment

Just got mine renewed a few weeks ago. No new prints for me.
          2004 Suzuki DL650
          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I renewed mine in February and didn't have to do the fingerprints.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Overpaid
              How so?
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                How so?
                You can just drop a gat in yo pocket fo free, nickel!

Comment

I have to do my renewal too, anyone have any places they recommend? OR to stay away from?
                  Best price I could find around me was Southwest Gun & Archery in GP for $55

Comment

My third renewal required nothing. I sent DPS $70 and got the license using my old picture and prints. My address had changed, so they handled that for me, too.

Comment

I used this one

Simplify your life with Eagle Defensive. Explore convenient solutions for everyday tasks. Experience efficiency like never before.

minimum required time and a few rounds on the range and I was out of there. Guy who taught it was a pretty good guy and level headed its seemed. I did forget about the mall ninjas though that ask a billion what if questions.
                      2004 Suzuki DL650
                      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

$30 for fingerprints? L1 only charges $9.95, that's the place the state has you go to get them done. If you paid more than that you got screwed!
                        I just go mine in Feb and was out $232 total, plus a box of ammo.
                        $142 to the state,
                        $50 for class,
                        $10 for photos,
                        $10 for fingerprints,
                        $20 to rent gun (I hadn't bought mine yet. I wanted to shoot an XD before I bought one, so I rented it from the instructor.)
                        92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                          $30 for fingerprints? L1 only charges $9.95, that's the place the state has you go to get them done. If you paid more than that you got screwed!
                          I just go mine in Feb and was out $232 total, plus a box of ammo.
                          $142 to the state,
                          $50 for class,
                          $10 for photos,
                          $10 for fingerprints,
                          $20 to rent gun (I hadn't bought mine yet. I wanted to shoot an XD before I bought one, so I rented it from the instructor.)
                          L1 here in town charges $42.xx for print and processing. Wife found a deal for virginia as an hour online class for out of state then u have reciprocity for tx......

New finger print bs started march first this year.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                            L1 here in town charges $42.xx for print and processing. Wife found a deal for virginia as an hour online class for out of state then u have reciprocity for tx......

New finger print bs started march first this year.
                            I just went to the old L1 site and saw they changed their name. That really sucks they are charging more now for the fingerprinting. Going from $10 one day to $42 the next? Price gouging assholes
                            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                              I just went to the old L1 site and saw they changed their name. That really sucks they are charging more now for the fingerprinting. Going from $10 one day to $42 the next? Price gouging assholes
                              Of course they did once the state requires to use them!

Comment

Working...
                              X