S&W M&P Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W M&P Shield

Anyone seen one of these yet? Nothing ground breaking, it's simply a single stack magazine 9mm or .40 S&W M&P compact. Springfield Armory is doing it with the XDs in .45 ACP, I would love to see them do it with a 9mm or .40 S&W. It would be interesting to see if Glock follows suit and comes up with a thinner single stack pistol as well ala Glock 36. I know Kahr has been doing this for a while but still not to crazy about them (yet). Really digging the price point on the M&P's and I've seen CDNN and I think Cheaper Than Dirt offering them for right around $400-$450 brand new.

I've read some good things about the new XDs. I'm anxious to get some range time with one.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I just hope that S&W keeps away from using that horrible trigger assembly that they used on the Sigma line.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

X2 post
        IMG_0424

Comment

I bought one on Sunday from CTD. The trigger is ok like on the M&Ps. I'm still not sure if I like my PPS or Shield better.
          IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
            I just hope that S&W keeps away from using that horrible trigger assembly that they used on the Sigma line.
            The reason for that 11.5 lb trigger pull was from a lawsuit Glock won against S&W. You won't see that on their other models.......I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
              I didn't think the Sigma's and M&P's share the same trigger? From what I read, the Shield is using an improved trigger from the regular M&P and the rest of the M&P line will be going to it soon.

Comment

The "improved" trigger is supposed to make the reset less terrible, that's about it

Comment

Any idea what these are going for?

Comment

I paid $399 at CTD
                    IMG_0424

Comment

That's bad ass! So any new opinions or thoughts on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        That's bad ass! So any new opinions or thoughts on it?
                        It's a great gun and value. But, if you have a large enough body frame, there's no reason to choose this over a M&P 9C. The 9C length is .6" longer, height is .3" shorter, .25" thicker, and it holds 12+1. I'm on the smaller side of a medium frame, so a thinner gun is a big boost in comfort.

The only thing I dont like about the gun so far, is the striker block in the slide. When the trigger bar slides over it, it gives the trigger a gritty feeling. But this is nothing an Apex USB or polishing wont fix. I'll give mine a nice polish to smooth the edges out.
                        IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
                          It's a great gun and value. But, if you have a large enough body frame, there's no reason to choose this over a M&P 9C. The 9C length is .6" longer, height is .3" shorter, .25" thicker, and it holds 12+1. I'm on the smaller side of a medium frame, so a thinner gun is a big boost in comfort.

The only thing I dont like about the gun so far, is the striker block in the slide. When the trigger bar slides over it, it gives the trigger a gritty feeling. But this is nothing an Apex USB or polishing wont fix. I'll give mine a nice polish to smooth the edges out.
                          I certainly have a large enough body frame LOL! I have a full size 1911 and a couple of compact 1911's that I'm perfectly comfortable carrying "normally" but what I'm looking for is something for deep carry and that extra bit of "size" savings might be the difference. Over the past year I've had to dress up in a tux/suit on several occasions and had to go with a revolver in a pocket holster which I wasn't to comfortable with. I'm looking at the Shield for that pocket or ankle gun and smaller capacity won't bother me and the extra size/weight savings will definitely be appreciated. Might have to swing by CTD to check them out sometime soon.

Comment

Have you decided if you like it better than your PPS? Although I don't own one, I've found the PPS appealing.

Marcus

Originally posted by GAP View Post

'99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Looks like a nice little gun. I need to take a trip to try this out as well as the XDs .45

I love my little CW40 but always open to other options

Comment

Working...
                              X