30-06 Bolt Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-06 Bolt Gun

So Im kind of leaning towards building a some what accurate bolt gun. Whats a good one to start off of preferably capable of shooting M2 ball (I know most bolt gun mags cant handle M2 in size so may have to modify?)

Why M2 ball? Because I have trillions of M2 ball ammo.
    Last edited by David; 04-21-2012, 10:31 AM.

My cousin has a Savage chambered in .308 he uses for hunting; I shot it and really like it. Bolt cycled nicely, I really liked the safety, and recoil was not bad. Very accurate as well. I would suggest a Savage. I do not remember the exact model he has, though.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

any standard length action bolt gun will work fine.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

no 1903's laying around?

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
          no 1903's laying around?
          More than I want, but Im looking for something to put some good glass on and a silencer.

Although, I could do something with one of these 03s....

Comment

my arsenaled '29 springfield could use a twin....and so could my wallet. there are aftermarket stocks available for the '03's, that would be a cool project.

Comment

You wanting a donor action to build off of? Any factory rifle chambered in 30-06 will shoot and hold M2 just fine no mag work required.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
              X