Citadel 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citadel 1911

What are your thoughts on these 1911's? Price seems pretty good for a entry level 1911 & have been thinking of adding one to my inventory. This would be my first 1911 so not too familiar with them.

Citadel makes a decent product for an entry level gun. They are made in the phillipines with a lot higher standards than some other foreign made 1911's...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      Citadel makes a decent product for an entry level gun. They are made in the phillipines with a lot higher standards than some other foreign made 1911's...
      THey made in the same factory or by the same owners as Rock Island and Armscor? Just curious. I had a RI 1911 years back and it was reliable as hell. Very basic but very user friendly.

Comment

I've got the RIA compact tactical and have had zero issues other than it doesn't like HP ammo. It was ~$75 cheaper than the Citadel and I couldn't really tell the difference.

Comment

I recently sold a RIA 1911 and picked up a Citadel. The fit and finish is better on the Citadel.
          The slide serations on the citadel look better in my opinion. I paid $405 NIB for my tactical compact.

Keep in mind it's still a cheap pistol that's not bad to look at. Don't expect too much.

Comment

Working...
          X