Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gunsmith near frisco or lewisville advise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunsmith near frisco or lewisville advise?

Have a colt mark IV series 80 that was made in 1985. Overall appearance the weapon is in great shape.

It hasnt happened to me but out of about 300 rounds it has had two FTF's (not by me but 2 different buddies...possible limp wrist) but I really like this weapon and would like it to be 100% reliable all the time for anyone who shoots it at the range or if i ever have to use it for self defense. It still has the factory colt magazines and im assuming theyre 27 years old too and the ftf might be part of the problem if not the whole prob(ammo is kinda easy to push the bullet down while in the mag). also I would like to upgrade the sights if anyone has a recommendation for this model weapon as i am much more accurate with some shorter pistols ive used.. I really like the way this one feels in my hand though.. Dont get me wrong.. I dont think this pistol is in anyway a POS.. but i want it to be perfect..

Thanks,
    Stephen
    "PSH!!!"

Even if it was perfect right now it would not stay that way for long if you insist on shooting zinc bullets out of it.

Try changing the magazine spring and recoil spring; I bet that will take care of your current problem. You may also want to consider lubing it with some good grease instead of oil.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      Even if it was perfect right now it would not stay that way for long if you insist on shooting zinc bullets out of it.

Try changing the magazine spring and recoil spring; I bet that will take care of your current problem. You may also want to consider lubing it with some good grease instead of oil.
      If you are looking at the load in the pic.. I only have one of those and I'm not sure what it even is (but it looks cool).. The rest are hydrashocks, and a couple talons staggered through the mag
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Your silver bullet is an Aguila IQ.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Give my brother a call. Josh " Smokin' Barrels Custom Gunsmithing" at 817-933-5280. He can help you out with just about anything you'd need. Tell him Gary sent you.

Comment

Working...
          X