Anyone know anything about this 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about this 1911?

My Dad has this old 1911 that some guy gave him in lieu of payment back in the early 90's. I knew he had an old 1911 in his safe, but never really held it or thought much of it.

This past weekend I was taking a closer look and noticed something strange. The trigger is an interesting double/single action setup, something I have not seen before on a 1911 (given I am not a big 1911 guy so this may or may not be prevalent). The single action pull is fantastic, but the double action pull is one of the worst triggers I have ever felt. The frame is marked "ODI" on one side and "Viking Combat" on the other.

Is anyone familiar with this brand or know anything about it? I have tried doing some research but it seems like ODI is out of business and all I have managed to find is some forum chatter.

Side A-

Side B-

Single Action-

Double Action-

Anyways, if anybody has any information or experience with this brand I would appreciate you sharing. Thanks!
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

That my be one of the strangest trigger set-ups I've seen on a 1911...

Comment

Found this through google, it might get you somewhere.

Previous manufacturer located in Midland Park, NJ circa 1981-82.
      Essex Arms, located in Island Pond, VT, acquired the remaining O.D.I. Viking inventory of parts for the Viking pistol, in addition to being a components supplier (slides and receivers) for M-1911 styled pistols. Previously, Randco Manufacturing, located in Monrovia, CA, was providing service (and had parts) for these older O.D.I. pistols.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It was one of the original attempts to make the 1911 a more modern gun, offering it in a DA version. They had a 19lb DA pull, 12lb SA pull. Some of them had a 12/5lb setup. It's an oddball variant 1911 good for collecting, but it doesn't command a high value yet. Seems to be worth around $600.
        Last edited by CJ; 04-30-2012, 11:07 AM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          It was one of the original attempts to make the 1911 a more modern gun, offering it in a DA version. They had a 19lb DA pull, 12lb SA pull. Some of them had a 12/5lb setup. It's an oddball variant 1911 good for collecting, but it doesn't command a high value yet. Seems to be worth around $600.
          Interesting. This one has a better single action pull than 12lbs, I would say it is at about 5 or 6.

Part of me wants to take it all the way apart to see how it works.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Interesting. This one has a better single action pull than 12lbs, I would say it is at about 5 or 6.

Part of me wants to take it all the way apart to see how it works.
            Do it. Just remember to take pics of each step so you can get it back together again. I have a feeling this would be one of those guns where take down instructions would be hard to come by.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I think they have an external trigger rod if I'm not mistaken. Pretty cool nonetheless.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
              X