Scope and eye relief question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope and eye relief question

I bought a Mini 14 last week, and after buying a scope for it, have a dilemma. Bought an Nikon P-223 (3-9x40 optimized for a 55g)and after mounting it on the picatinny discovered that the gap between eye and scope is fourteen freaking inches! That seems to be waaay too far, especially as you have this huge black circle around half the glass. If I collapse the stock it gets better but it's still a long damned way. Would prefer to keep the stock extended as I'm kinda tall...

Any one have any insight into what would be optimal? Per various searches this scope is about ideal, but it doesn't seem 'right'...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Extended eye relief scope

Comment

Hmmm, since,when I went to Bass Pro, and asked at the counter "who here knows their stuff", and this gentleman told me this was the right scope for the gun I shouldn't have any difficulties returning it...
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Need a handgun scope...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
          Hmmm, since,when I went to Bass Pro, and asked at the counter "who here knows their stuff", and this gentleman told me this was the right scope for the gun I shouldn't have any difficulties returning it...
          Nobody I've ever talked to at Bass Pro "knows their stuff". BlackGT is right. Shoulder the gun and look through the scope. With your head rested where it would be naturally, have someone else measure from your eye to the back of ocular lens (eye piece).

Comment

Actually, there is one guy there, red headed dude that's a member of some swat team, that does. Unfortunately the other guy is the one who threw this suggestion out there.

And will be looking at handgun scopes.

And the distance is 14"...
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Looks like the largest lens is 32? Was wanting a 40...
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Everyone at every gun counter in the world is a member of the swat team, special forces, and a volunteer firefighter, in addition to being a scout sniper in a counter terrorist unit. Every... fucking... time.

Comment

For once I want someone to tell me that they were a fucking cook in the Navy, but really got into firearms after they left the service.

Comment

I'm literally laughing out loud at that shit man...
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      For once I want someone to tell me that they were a fucking cook in the Navy, but really got into firearms after they left the service.
                      So I'm not the only one thats heard all that BS...
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Fucking brilliant.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                            I'm literally laughing out loud at that shit man...
                            Again. Twice, in one thread even.
                            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                            X