Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    Want an AR10 receiver & parts kit?
    how much?
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
      awesome, you ordered too?

Yes I did. That was the fastest I'd ever ordered and paid for something. I'd been looking at them for a while, and wanted a HK rifle of some sort. I almost paid $1700+tax for one not too long ago so this deal was too good to pass up. Someone paid that, or more, the one I talked myself out of, so this is a great deal with the extras.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
        Yes I did. That was the fastest I'd ever ordered and paid for something. I'd been looking at them for a while, and wanted a HK rifle of some sort. I almost paid $1700+tax for one not too long ago so this deal was too good to pass up. Someone paid that, or more, the one I talked myself out of, so this is a great deal with the extras.
        It is a good deal, however if you want to convert it to a G36 you've got another grand+ in parts and time.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just too bad it is so damn ugly....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            but converted.....

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I agree looks like a bastard child between an Accuracy International and an AR.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Everything with an hk tag is.

Comment

Converted looks pretty good but not $3000 good.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    but converted.....

that is a g36 (which would requires SBR tax stamp).

so the cheap way is to do a g36e right?
                    are you allowed to cut the 20" barrel down to 16" atleast?

how accurate are these with the stock 20" barrel?
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

damnnit...why must i go Disney World for vacation.... *cries*
                      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I'll probably leave mine alone. It has dipped into my sps .308 scope fund though, but I've got until deer season for that. I actually told myself I wouldn't buy a gun this year. I had stuff I wanted to do to my existing guns so I was going to spend money on them and ammo only. I made it 4.5 months so I guess I did pretty good.

If I did do a SBR I'd like to go the .300 route anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                          that is a g36 (which would requires SBR tax stamp).

so the cheap way is to do a g36e right?
                          are you allowed to cut the 20" barrel down to 16" atleast?

how accurate are these with the stock 20" barrel?
                          That would be a G36C, I don't think there's any way to build one unless it's a C/K variant - I love the short barrels. As long as the rifle is a 16" permanent barrel length and no less than 26" OAL then you are fine. The 20" SL8's are accurate guns, on par with a match AR15. The gun will out shoot the ballistic effectiveness of the cartridge for the most part. What really kicks your ass on converting these is staying 922(r) compliant. I have the same issues with my G3's/HK91's. Tons of cheap German parts, none of which you can use.

Last edited by CJ; 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            That would be a G36C, I don't think there's any way to build one unless it's a C/K variant - I love the short barrels. As long as the rifle is a 16" permanent barrel length and no less than 26" OAL then you are fine. The 20" SL8's are accurate guns, on par with a match AR15. The gun will out shoot the ballistic effectiveness of the cartridge for the most part. What really kicks your ass on converting these is staying 922(r) compliant. I have the same issues with my G3's/HK91's. Tons of cheap German parts, none of which you can use.
                            cool. since this was an impulse buy i'm going to just keep it stock and enjoy the big ugly as is.

when i get the urge, i'll buy all the compliant parts at once and pay for my first stamp. $1k for all that doesn't seem that bad.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

So. Tempting. Argh.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

"Good Deal" and "HK" don't usually go together...
                                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                                X