Picked up a new toy last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a new toy last week

Marlin Model 60 22. In pretty good shape with an el cheapo 4x scope on it. Only gave $100 for it.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can take it out and run a few rounds through it.
    Annoying people, one post at a time!

great gun. i'd bet 99% of us learned to shoot with one of those.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Pretty decent gun just make sure it's good and clean before you go out if it's very dirty it will have cycling issues.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
        I know I did....
        I found pics the other day, will have to dig them out.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.

Yup, still have mine. I remember going to the gun show with my dad when I was little and him letting me pick out which ever one I wanted. Ended up with a stainless model 60 that has a gray laminate stock. After shooting that gun the little .22 bolt actions they let us shoot in cub scouts were pretty disappointing lol.

Comment

I learned on a Winchester Model 74, but man that .22 was amazing as a first gun!

Comment

Great little shooter.

I started on a Remington Nylon 66. $85 from a pawn shop in 1987
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks y'all! It really looks like the last guy that owned it took good care of it. Accept for the crap scope on it, it appears to be clean and in good shape. Now the next step is to pick up a couple thousand more rounds of ammo and find a better scope.
                Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

Nice. I have that in the sportsman limited alamo edition. I think the only difference is the gold plated trigger and engraving on the stock. Haven't fired it in years. Just sentimental value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Looks just like mine. My dad started me out on a NICE looking Remington pump action .22 when I was prolly 7yrs old. He still has it and eventually I will own it.

Comment

I learned on an old Winchester pump action .22 and a nylon 66 Remington before graduating to my 10/22...
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                      X