Supressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supressor?

Anyone running a larger diameter can than the cartridge they are shooting out of it? Wonderinghow effective it is.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Originally posted by dee View Post
    Anyone running a larger diameter can than the cartridge they are shooting out of it? Wonderinghow effective it is.
    It's usually within 5-10db of the actual caliber's can. The increase in volume helps diminish the affect of a larger diameter port. If you have a .30 cal then usually it's smarter to just buy a .30 and use it on a .223.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's what I kinda figured, looking at a 30 to use on a 7mm and probably a 6x45.

Comment

What about a .45 can on a .308 or .223?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          What about a .45 can on a .308 or .223?
          Too much pressure, it will blow up the can. If it's subsonic it will work. For instance a Silencerco Osprey .45 will suppress a .300 BLK rifle in subsonic. So will most 9mm cans. However rifle cans can be used on pistols if they do not require a nielson device.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Seems like a lot of the 9mm cans are marketed as 300blk cans or at least being labled as such.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              Seems like a lot of the 9mm cans are marketed as 300blk cans or at least being labled as such.
              ^^^

Comment

Working...
              X