No announcement yet.

Red x arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that the 7.5 or 10.5? Since you're update I'm gonna order one. Looks nice!

Comment

I'm sold. I hope it shoots well going to order one in the next few days. How's the finish on it??

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
        Is that the 7.5 or 10.5? Since you're update I'm gonna order one. Looks nice!
        Looks like a 16" that's no 10.5" or 7.5" That barrel/upper looks great.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I just got my email back from Neil. Apparently they make their barrels in house. I don't see how that's possible, but I'm going to grab that .308 upper from him. It's too cheap not to try.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

CJ what do you think about getting a group buy going for these uppers? Is it even worth it? Has this ever been done before? Ex. 20 uppers 10-20% off or something along those lines if we could do it? Just a thought before we all order one?

Comment

Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
              CJ what do you think about getting a group buy going for these uppers? Is it even worth it? Has this ever been done before? Ex. 20 uppers 10-20% off or something along those lines if we could do it? Just a thought before we all order one?
              Well we already all ordered one pretty much ,haha. I'm not up for another GB right now, still recovering from the last one. But I did consider it.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_cj View Post
                well we already all ordered one pretty much ,haha. I'm not up for another gb right now, still recovering from the last one. But i did consider it.
                works for me!!! Thanks again cj!

Comment

The 7.5" Barrels are 1:10 twist so stabilizing subsonic rounds might be questionable. The SAAMI specifications for the cartridge say that a 1:10 barrel will stabilize up to a 220gr, but they make no mention of the barrel length.

Barrels with a 1:10 twist will stabilize 220 grain (14 g) bullets at subsonic speeds. 125 grain (8 g) bullets will reach 2400 ft/s (730 m/s).
                  I guess some testing will be in order.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    The 7.5" Barrels are 1:10 twist so stabilizing subsonic rounds might be questionable. The SAAMI specifications for the cartridge say that a 1:10 barrel will stabilize up to a 220gr, but they make no mention of the barrel length.

I guess some testing will be in order.
                    Have you called or emailed to ask if they have already done some ballistics for you?
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Have you called or emailed to ask if they have already done some ballistics for you?
                      I asked them if they knew if it would stabilize, they have not gotten back to me yet. From what I can find, it seems iffy if it will or won't. For 95% of the guys on here it would be perfectly fine, but if you plan on using your gun with a .30 cal can this could be bad news. So, if it doesn't work for me I will sell it.

Comment

Found another 300blk barrel for a good price, shows to be in stock also. Only downside is the 9.5 length.

CORE Rifle Systems is a manufacturer of quality AR-15 Rifles and Pistols built in Ocala, FL. Established in 2010 as a subsidiary to Good Time Outdoors, Inc.

Comment

I asked them if they knew if it would stabilize, they have not gotten back to me yet. From what I can find, it seems iffy if it will or won't. For 95% of the guys on here it would be perfectly fine, but if you plan on using your gun with a .30 cal can this could be bad news. So, if it doesn't work for me I will sell it.
                          I was planning on getting it to be suppressed eventually. So when they get back to you the info relayed would be great. What twist rate would you be looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                            Found another 300blk barrel for a good price, shows to be in stock also. Only downside is the 9.5 length.

http://www.core15rifles.com/products...category_id=14
                            That's really funny because I found the same barrel and ordered it already. I did some homework on the 10:1 twist barrel and it just won't work for my application. But if you don't intend on shooting subsonic its a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                              I was planning on getting it to be suppressed eventually. So when they get back to you the info relayed would be great. What twist rate would you be looking for?
                              It's hard to say what a 1:10 twist will stabilize up to. It may stabilize 220gr, it may not. I would say a 1:10 is probably good up to a 180gr without any doubt. I went with a 1:8 which should be good to a 240gr. The slower you move the bullet the heavier you want, so you can transfer from velocity to weight and still get the same energy delivery.

ex:

150gr @ 1600fps = 850ft/lbs.
                              240gr @ 1130fps = 860ft/lbs.

You always want the least twist if at all possible for barrel wear, longer the barrel the less twist is necessary. A 1:8 or 1:9 should be okay, a 1:10 is questionable, it may work, it may not.

Comment

That's really funny because I found the same barrel and ordered it already. I did some homework on the 10:1 twist barrel and it just won't work for my application. But if you don't intend on shooting subsonic its a great deal.
                                Hell yeah dude. I know you're chompin' at the bits to finish your build. I figured since I'm in a holding pattern waiting on the suppressor and sbr stamps, I'll keep with the Reaper Tac barrel. GRT has a back order of around 4 to 5 weeks to ship, so im in no hurry. They had already debited my account May 21 so I figured I could give them till the latter part of June on into the first week of July before I called or Emailed.

Comment

Working...
                                X