Question about installing FSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about installing FSB

I am going with a regular A2 FSB. The pins that came with it are not tapered they are straight. Well they have a little bevel on one edge but that's it.

When I put the FSB on the barrel there is no room for the pins to go through to the other side! I mean the barrel would have to have notches where the pins need to go to fit.

Watching vids online and it looks like they can fit punches through to line everything up. What gives? The barrel and FSB both are .750 where they fit together. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: just saw this on AR15.com are those notches in the barrel made by just driving the pins through there?
    92 LX 5.0

The barrel is drilled for the pins before installation.

Comment

Give us a pic of your barrel. It sounds like you do not have pin holes for a FSB.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Pinning an FSB is probably something you won't be able to do yourself. You need a mill to do it properly. Even with a drill press it will most likely deflect off. I suggest you speak to Steve @ MGS and he can do it for you.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ahh ok. Y'all are right no holes for the pins in the barrel. Looks like I'll have to get a different gas block and sight for the front then.
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
            Ahh ok. Y'all are right no holes for the pins in the barrel. Looks like I'll have to get a different gas block and sight for the front then.
            Like I said you can take it to MGS and have Steve do it for you. Nothing is better or more reliable than a pinned FSB.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Like I said you can take it to MGS and have Steve do it for you. Nothing is better or more reliable than a pinned FSB.
              I might just go ahead and give him a hollar. It's probably cheaper and I already have all the parts for it. MGS=Military Gun Supply in Ft. Worth right?

Anyone know of anybody on the Dallas side of D/FW?
              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                I might just go ahead and give him a hollar. It's probably cheaper and I already have all the parts for it.
                It would be i'm sure.

Comment

Found a gunsmith in Forney to notch it for me. Going to take it to him tomorrow.
                  92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                  X