Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soap View Post
    What do u have so far?
    Nothing yet, I just got the go ahead from my wife to start this as an anniversary gift.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
      Nothing yet, I just got the go ahead from my wife to start this as an anniversary gift.
      No stripped lower and parts kit?
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
        No stripped lower and parts kit?
        Nope but I have my eye on one, it's just out of stock so I might just get this for now.

Comment

Isn't the only difference the barrel? If so why not just hop into the .300?
          Ammo price and availability. It is only just a barrel, but why go with a specific caliber when you can have an everything caliber? .300 is very specific in it's purpose.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by C.J. View Post
            Ammo price and availability. It is only just a barrel, but why go with a specific caliber when you can have an everything caliber? .300 is very specific in it's purpose.
            Ammo price is less than what I would spend on decent .308.

From my understanding the .300 AAC round is designed as a more potent replacement for the .223 for better penetration via a heavier projectile while maintaining use of the majority of a .223 rifle. I am looking for a round that I can use for just shooting and for hunting at short to medium distances. I will be hunting deer in the North East and hogs down here.

Comment

Ammo price is less than what I would spend on decent .308.

From my understanding the .300 AAC round is designed as a more potent replacement for the .223 for better penetration through a heavier projectile while maintaining use of the majority of a .223 rifle. I am looking for a round that I can use for just shooting and for hunting at short to medium distances. I will be hunting deer in the North East and hogs down here.
              Penetration is negligible, .300 blk doesn't have the velocity of .223. It's designed for suppressors to operate subsonic. .223 can take deer and hogs no problem. .300 is a large caliber, it would serve you well in short/medium (<300yd) range. I just recommend .223 if it's your first AR15 because you can plink with it and have some fun, with .300 it's only going to be a hunting gun.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Penetration is negligible, .300 blk doesn't have the velocity of .223. It's designed for suppressors to operate subsonic. .223 can take deer and hogs no problem. .300 is a large caliber, it would serve you well in short/medium (<300yd) range. I just recommend .223 if it's your first AR15 because you can plink with it and have some fun, with .300 it's only going to be a hunting gun.
                I would like to plink with it but the primary reason for having it would be for hunting. .223 is fine for deer and hogs but up in the NE if i were to run across a bear or something larger, I would want a little more than that. I will end up getting another barrel or complete upper in .223 later this year but for now I am wanting the .300.

Comment

as for the tags, I did not ask for advise about what caliber just info on what I need so if you want to be a smart ass that is great but you are the one that fails at reading comprehension.

Comment

I understand that CJ feels a certain way but he doesn't know me from Adam. Speaking of which, thank you to Adam who took it upon himself to give me the help I asked for.

Comment

I understand that CJ feels a certain way but he doesn't know me from Adam. Speaking of which, thank you to Adam who took it upon himself to give me the help I asked for.
                      I don't need to know you, I know guns - which is what you don't know, and why you made this thread.

Comment

I don't need to know you, I know guns - which is what you don't know, and why you made this thread.

I respect you and your knowledge of firearms. With that said I came and asked about what is needed to make a complete rifle, not what caliber is best suited for my needs. You took it upon yourself to start that conversation, which is not based on any part of my question.

Comment

I respect you and your knowledge of firearms. With that said I came and asked about what is needed to make a complete rifle, not what caliber is best suited for my needs. You took it upon yourself to start that conversation, which is not based on any part of my question.
                          It was simply a casual suggestion which made you get unnecessarily butt hurt. I made the suggestion, you asked questions which I answered. Not a good way to introduce yourself.

Comment

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

It was simply a casual suggestion which made you get unnecessarily butt hurt. I made the suggestion, you asked questions which I answered. Not a good way to introduce yourself.
                              Your suggestion isn't what got to me. It was the passive aggressive bullshit tags that bother me. I really dislike pussies that hide behind the anonymity that the tags offer.

Comment

Anyways, I'll check back in later just got a bunch of permit applications dropped on me, so much for a nice easy day.

Comment

Working...
                                X