Wonder what the back story is here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder what the back story is here?

Seen this and finally stopped to see if it was what I thought it was. This chain link is only at the access points off the main road, and doesnt have any gates. Its an open field, maybe 20 acres, best I can tell it is a hay field. There is litterally nothing in it, other than grass. Both sides of the road. I would expect a no tresspassing sign, but just this.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Interesting, so it has no entrances? Is it fenced off on all sides?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

gonna be a school?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by C.J. View Post
        Interesting, so it has no entrances? Is it fenced off on all sides?
        no, that's what makes me think it is so interesting. There is maybe 15' of chain link fence only at the turn in's from the road, but there is nothing all the way around. Looks like the city put in entrances when they widened the road, and the land owner put up the chainlink at each one, but nowhere else.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          no, that's what makes me think it is so interesting. There is maybe 15' of chain link fence only at the turn in's from the road, but there is nothing all the way around. Looks like the city put in entrances when they widened the road, and the land owner put up the chainlink at each one, but nowhere else.
          Well then the 30.06 is useless then.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Owner must have a hidden underground terrorist training center and he doesn't want any patriots shooting him while he's practicing jihad.

Comment

I guess you are right, someone could walk across the street and not be near enough to the signs to even see that they are there. I would guess whomever spent the time and effort to have the signs printed and put up assumed that the turn ins were considered entrances, but then took that away when they put up the fence. Now the entrance to the property is anywhere except the fenced areas...

Comment

Government property?
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                  Government property?
                  private ownership, and listed for sale.

Im leaning twards an excentric idiot that hates guns?

Comment

I know where that is, off Broad, right? I've wondered what that was myself. I've seen various different types of "light weight" planes, para gliders, and hot air balloons use that area before. Call the number and ask WTF?
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                      I know where that is, off Broad, right? I've wondered what that was myself. I've seen various different types of "light weight" planes, para gliders, and hot air balloons use that area before. Call the number and ask WTF?
                      yep, couple places off Broad in the hospital area are like this. The opposite corner has the longhorns it the pasture.
                      Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Makes you want to run around in an open field with a loaded handgun.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Remember, I think the OWNER of the property can forbid you to come on his property with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                            Remember, I think the OWNER of the property can forbid you to come on his property with a gun.
                            Well yeah, I believe that's the point. Why would the owner forbid this in an area that really has no reason to have a concealed weapon anyway. I mean, they spent at least $400 or $500 putting up a nice chain link fence to ONLY display this message? Weird.

Just to be clear. While the picture above shows a fence it also implies that the fence continues on past the frame of the picture. In fact it does not. That fence stops at the ends of the picture.
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                              Well yeah, I believe that's the point. Why would the owner forbid this in an area that really has no reason to have a concealed weapon anyway. I mean, they spent at least $400 or $500 putting up a nice chain link fence to ONLY display this message? Weird.

Just to be clear. While the picture above shows a fence it also implies that the fence continues on past the frame of the picture. In fact it does not. That fence stops at the ends of the picture.
                              Rich people are stupid? The fences and signs make no sense in my world.

Comment

Working...
                              X