SBR illegal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by futant View Post
    wow good info in here. not that i necessarilly need it in my case.

so can anyone tell me if whether something is 'readily' able to be attached, it constitutes 'intent to construct' ?

is there any definition of 'readily' ? tool less?

For instance , I may have a limbsaver type butt pad around, typical screw into wood stock. If I'm building an ak pistol (just bullpup kit) , would having any butt pad around present a problem ?
    what about any fore grip?

I could see the fore grip meeting the definition of 'readily' attached since it's just a rail thing. But what about buttpad ? it's screw in and back of an ak receiver is metal requiring a drill/tap procedure generally speaking.
    hell the buttpad goes on a disassembled enfield rifle, what a waste of mental effort this is all over nothing! I'm putting it back to original condition to assemble again later.
    If I was a prosecutor I would easily be able to convince 12 of your peers that removing a buttstock off of another rifle in 2 seconds, with no tools constitutes readily. I am certain I could do it. The moral is don't put a rifle buffer on a pistol. It is intentionally left open for prosecution. I try not to focus on what things they leave open, and focus on what they concrete close with the verbiage. It's like using an opinion piece from the wall street journal to defend yourself in court.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

ok got it, so then yes you need to be worried the most about what is readily able to be put onto another rifle.
      It just so happens everything on an AR is like that.
      I wasn't really talking about an AR though.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        The moral is don't put a rifle buffer on a pistol.

From a performance standpoint, are there any advantages to having the rifle buffer on a pistol?

If the pistols/sbr's are what they are concentrated on regulating, why would they worry about rifle parts on a shorty? instead of people putting pistol parts on a rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
          From a performance standpoint, are there any advantages to having the rifle buffer on a pistol?

If the pistols/sbr's are what they are concentrated on regulating, why would they worry about rifle parts on a shorty? instead of people putting pistol parts on a rifle?
          no performance gain.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post

They are simply trying to regulate the OAL and barrel length of weapons. Ideally keeping Clyde Barrow from happening again.

His little chopped and tuned BAR were quite a devastating combination.

Ultimately, he'd have been equally effective with a fucking steak knife. You can't legislate away genuinely mean, violent people.
            Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 07-06-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
              They are simply trying to regulate the OAL and barrel length of weapons. Ideally keeping Clyde Barrow from happening again.

Antiquated thought process.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Antiquated thought process.
                Turn around, you're preaching to the choir.

Comment

Interestingly, a registered machine gun with a short barrel and stock doesn't have to be registered as an SBR.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    Interestingly, a registered machine gun with a short barrel and stock doesn't have to be registered as an SBR.
                    Yeah, a transferable machine gun is the ultimate stamp, you can do anything to them and it's legal, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      BAR's are fucking awesome! Love to shoot one some day, they have a very unique and distinguishable sound when running.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        It's pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X