Sig 226 without rail weaponlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 226 without rail weaponlight

Fixin to go back to the dept Sig after having my beloved glock 35. My Sig 226 will be a rail-less model... Don't ask, wasn't here when the powers that be made this order 8-9 years ago. Anyways, I have seen a sure fire brand rail mount adapter that apparently attaches to the trigger guard. My question is; anyone know of other options so to mount my for onto? And still fit in a holster (safariland or blackhawk). I cant mod the frame or gun other then this adaPter. Thanks.

Where in fuck all did they find one without a rail? I looked forever, and no one had one.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

How much do they allow you to modify the gun? You can drill and tap an add-on rail to a sig.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        How much do they allow you to modify the gun? You can drill and tap an add-on rail to a sig.
        Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        I cant mod the frame or gun other then this adaPter.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          well then good luck.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            Fixin to go back to the dept Sig after having my beloved glock 35. My Sig 226 will be a rail-less model... Don't ask, wasn't here when the powers that be made this order 8-9 years ago. Anyways, I have seen a sure fire brand rail mount adapter that apparently attaches to the trigger guard. My question is; anyone know of other options so to mount my for onto? And still fit in a holster (safariland or blackhawk). I cant mod the frame or gun other then this adaPter. Thanks.
            Why are you going back to a gun with no rail if you have/had other options?

Comment

I was on swat and was allowed to carry a glock. But I'm going back to patrol and must go back to the dept issue Sig Sauer. Yippee. No I didn't get demoted or fired from swat, family life got too crazy and I requested off it. Was a fun 2 years that will always be on my resume! But when my boy was born and my wife got sick, I chose to be a better husband/father and get off it. On call 24/7/365 and training was too much for the wife and I.
              Yale- I honestly don't know how they got these without a rail. I personally hate sig myself. The glock was my own bought weapon and weapon of choice. Admin won't let me continue to carry it. I wasn't happy, but I knew it was coming. Eventually, we will be replacing the Sigs and I see us going to either glock or whatever u wanna carry as long as its an approved make and caliber.
              Last edited by Tannerm; 07-19-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

So you can't just go up the chain and get an exemption?

Comment

my sig226 is rail-less, it's an older model, and i like the look a lot better..

also just picked up a west german made sig220

Comment

Officers at my department also carry rail-less Sig 226's....Stupid

Comment

I tried the exemption Yale, lol trust me! When our dept joined a regional swat team over two years ago, we were carrying those Sigs. The chief at the time was ex swat at big agencies. So he was open to exemptions. I came to him and offered to pay for my own glock 22 or 35 if I was allowed to Carr it on duty and on the team. Since we were the only ones on that team carrying something other then glock. He accepted it and I have been carrying it with a tlr-1 led light for over two years. Now my patrol LT made it very clear that I will be going back to the sig if I left the team. Sure enough, bam! I was emailed about going to the range next Thursday to requal with the sig. lol people are happy at my dept. I have been top shooter at my dept for some time now and they all blame the "cheater gun" 35. Sad thing is, I recently tried another officer's sig at the last range day for shits n giggles. Still shot 100% with a score of 480 outa 500. My glock I shot a 494 outa 500 that same day. I was happy with the sig score since I hate that gun. Reasons I dislike it:

1. It has an abnormally stout recoil spring that makes racking it a chore. Some small female ofcrs have problems racking the slide. Sad, seen it.
                      2. The gun is very RIGHT hand dominate (I'm a lefty). I.E. the slide release and decock are on the rear left of the weapon. Inaccessible quickly by ur shooting hand.
                      3. MUSHY TRIGGER. Holy cow. These are not DAK or DAO pistols but still have a hellish first trigger pull. After that, the trigger reset is very light and can be missed. Trigger job would fix, but I'm not sure that our weapons master would allow. He's kind of a pain with weapon stuff...
                      4. No rail. Tear...
                      5. Somewhat low mag capacity. Compared to glock, mp, xd, etc.

There is defenately more but those are the major ones. I hope that we go to another pistol soon.

Comment

The only thing I can advise is to pick up some of the new 20 round mags.

Comment

Working...
                        X