Gettin a pump action Fri.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin a pump action Fri.

Found the mossberg maverick 88 I want at academy. $170. But punk showed me a couple $400 Mossberg that I liked but don't need. So torn on what to get now. Was looking to spend $200 to $250. But uh...

When life gives you lemons .... take them. Free Shit is cool.
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
    Found the mossberg maverick 88 I want at academy. $170. But punk showed me a couple $400 Mossberg that I liked but don't need. So torn on what to get now. Was looking to spend $200 to $250. But uh...

get the $300 remington 870.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yeah found a remi express for $260 at Wal-Mart

Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Much better choice than an 88

Comment

I've been quite happy with my Wal-Mart 870 Express for many years. Unless there is some special feature of the others (semi-auto, magazine fed, etc) I just can't see why you would spend more money on another pump action.

Comment

Cycle the actions of the 870 and 500 then decide...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

which wal mart?

Comment

Apparently any that sells guns. Location determine price but they will match the price of a diff Wal-Mart. Have them call the other store.

Comment

I own both a Mossberg Maverick with a 28" barrel and a late 70s 870 wingmaster.

Both 12ga pumps but not the same gun at all.

The Mossberg I would take out and not worry about messing it up. The wingmaster is so pretty

I haven't shot the Mossberg yet but just based on the weight alone I would expect to feel more of the kick with it vs my 870.

Both guns have several aftermarket options if you decide to change the barrel, grips, etc. If your just looking for home defense the mossberg 88 isn't a bad choice.
                  2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                  1990 GT Convertible

Comment

i have a marine finish 590. love it. got it the day i turned 18. sweet christ.......that was almost 19yrs ago. :bBishope:

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

What are you going to use it for????

Home Defense ONLY? : The Mossberg will probaly work fine for this.

Home Defense/Bird Hunting : Buy a Remington 870

Bird Hunting Only : Buy a Good Quality Semi-Automatic (Some people may perfer the over unders, but I like the semi's because after a day of shooting birds, your shoulder won't take a beating.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                        What are you going to use it for????

Home Defense ONLY? : The Mossberg will probaly work fine for this.

Home Defense/Bird Hunting : Buy a Remington 870

Bird Hunting Only : Buy a Good Quality Semi-Automatic (Some people may perfer the over unders, but I like the semi's because after a day of shooting birds, your shoulder won't take a beating.)
                        And if going with a semi, it's a little pricey compared to a pump, but give a hard look at the Browning Silver Hunter.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

HD and range play. No hunting.

Comment

HD and range play. No hunting.

Just get the cheap shotgun.

Comment

Well found out bonus is $300 more than expected. Yay!!!. So maybe I should spend more lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X