Help with my glock 27 slide coming off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my glock 27 slide coming off

I inherited a glock 27 from my father when he passed away. I was cleaning it today. But, I noticed something I think is not working properly and cant really find any help on the internet glock forms as everything refers to the slide lock and I'm referring to the slide releasing and coming off.

My fathers glock if the magazine is out and you dry fire the weapon the slide will release and can push it forward and slide it right off. I know that cant be right but, I'm not sure I'm looking for or what could be wrong. I will post a picture in a minute of what it's doing. I did notice it looks like the spring has rubbed a little on the housing.

Pull the trigger and dry fire the slide will push forward with no pressure at all and come right off

This is the inside were I noticed some damage

Comment

The notch above the trigger is what you should have to pull down beforw pullimg the trigger to remove the slide. If you did not pull this down then something in that mechanism is broken, spring would be my guess. Sorry bit I do not have a parts diagram available at the moment.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        The notch above the trigger is what you should have to pull down beforw pullimg the trigger to remove the slide. If you did not pull this down then something in that mechanism is broken, spring would be my guess. Sorry bit I do not have a parts diagram available at the moment.
        part # 19 in the diagram

OP, what part of town are you in? I'm not a Glock armorer, but might be able to tell you what is wrong with it if I could see it in person.
        كافر

Originally posted by sc281
        Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
        Originally posted by Trick Pony
        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
          This is the inside were I noticed some damage
          The more i look at this picture, the more I think I see that the slide lock is excessively worn or has a piece broken off of it.

Again, I would like to see it in person before saying this is definitely the problem.
          كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

It definitely looks like something is up with the slide lock.

Comment

take it to a gunsmith.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Did you remove that plate that locks the slide in? When I first got mine I thought it could go in either way. Wrong. It's easy to do.

Comment

youre doing it wrong

Comment

After comparing the pic with my G26, I believe your slide lock is installed upside down. The narrow part goes up and the lip goes toward the back of the frame.

In fact, I just installed mine upside down to see if I would get the same result and did.

If you need help, PM me and I will be happy to meet you somewhere.
                    كافر

Comment

Thanks the input guys. After researching more with the information provided. It is indeed installed upside down. But, when I went to reinstall it the proper way the spring is obviously damaged as it puts no pressure on the slide lock mechanism. Googling slide lock spring and glock 27 seems to be a small rash of people that have that there spring also fail. I guess it failed on my dad and he cleaned it and put it in upside down and didn't notice.

Comment

CTD has a new spring for $3 bucks and will put it in for me. Should be good to go this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                        X