Wow...he's lucky it wasn't worse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...he's lucky it wasn't worse.

Long story made short.....dude in line at Wal-Mart reached for his wallet and somehow hit the trigger on his CCW...firing a shot down his leg and ricochet' off the floor..striking 2 children nearby. He's being charged with Injury to a child...and I'd be shocked if he didn't lose his CHL permit. Don't know what his CCW was....but as easy as it went off...I'd bet it was a single action Glock.

Could have been a 1911 cocked with the safety off too. no reason to blame a glock. Hell I carry a double actio kahr with no external safety (not even a safety on the trigger) and I have never accidentally fired it. I keep it properly holstered, though, and in all likelyhood it was not in a proper holter or was holstered inproperly. FYI I carry a glock 19 on occasion and again no negligent discharges.
    Last edited by LANTIRN; 07-23-2012, 10:25 PM.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Went off and some debris hit a kid.... The article makes it sound like he shot two kids in the face.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        Could have been a 1911 cocked with the safety off too. no reason to blame a glock. Hell I carry a single actio kahr with no external safety (not even a safety on the trigger) and I have never accidentally fired it. I keep it properly holstered, though, and in all likelyhood it was not in a proper holter or was holstered inproperly. FYI I carry a glock 19 on occasion and again no negligent discharges.
        If I'm not carrying my S&W 642, I'm carrying a Glock...sometimes I'm carrying a Glock WHILE carrying my 642...

I too have never had a negligent discharge. I would bet that, in that part of town, he didn't have a holster at all.
        كافر

Originally posted by sc281
        Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
        Originally posted by Trick Pony
        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Probably was pocket carrying, don't see how this could happen with a holster that covers the trigger guard

Comment

I'm more willing to bet it was small, like a Luger LCP in a pocket carry (or worse, just loose in the pocket)
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I don't get those NDs from concealed position... you have to PULL THE TRIGGER. Sounds like captain fuck head had a revolver cocked or his super light trigger pocket pistol was loose in his pocket and got caught up in his keys or something.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                Probably was pocket carrying, don't see how this could happen with a holster that covers the trigger guard
                Let us not forget thos stupid holsters for the lcr style guns that fit onto ypur back pocket to look like a wallet but do not cover the trigger at all so you draw the gun HOLSTERED and fire. Seen those damn things at gun shows and I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would design a holster that does not cover the trigger.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  Let us not forget thos stupid holsters for the lcr style guns that fit onto ypur back pocket to look like a wallet but do not cover the trigger at all so you draw the gun HOLSTERED and fire. Seen those damn things at gun shows and I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would design a holster that does not cover the trigger.
                  I carry a Taurus TCP with a wallet-type holster, and it completely covers my trigger. Makes no sense to not do it. You aren't gonna draw the fucking thing with your finger on the trigger or you might shoot the floor and frag some kids!
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    I'd bet it was a single action Glock.
                    hmmmmm....

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Glocks are DAO =)

Comment

The only single action Glock is the Glock 7, and it costs more than you make in a month.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          hmmmmm....

More or less wanted to hear opinions...there are safe methods of carrying a Glock...I know that. I feel more comfortable carrying my PF9 than I would a light triggered "whatever", but I do carry in an IWB holster that covers the trigger and if I did ever carry in a pocket...that would be the ONLY thing in the pocket. My BIL is a big fan of Glock's, his father was with DPD for over 30 years (still works WITH DPD) and is a gun collector and even HE told me that he would be hesitant to carry a Glock (as a CCW), but had no issue with them as an open carry duty weapon.

Comment

I asked the writer if he could find out what kind of gun the man was carrying and he modified the story posting and replied back that it was a Springfield .40 cal. I jumped to conclusions....dumbass should have been a little more careful. According to the update the man is also being charged for evading arrest..because he tried to run from the store when the gun fired. He's fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              even HE told me that he would be hesitant to carry a Glock (as a CCW), but had no issue with them as an open carry duty weapon.
                              Why? Glocks aren't single action with a light trigger. They're double action only with a half inch, 5.5 pound trigger pull.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X