Savage Model 10 ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Model 10 ID?

I can't fully identify a rifle I am considering purchasing. I want to know the full model number (letters included) so that I can get as much info as possible to make a fully informed decision before I make the purchase. The closest current model is the 10 FCP-K, but it has a threaded barrel for a muzzle break where the one I am looking at does not.

What I know about it...

Savage Model 10 .308 Win
    22" or 24" Heavy barrel, fluted (not threaded)
    Accutrigger
    Oversized bolt handle

Here are some pictures of an identical rifle, the one I am looking at does not have a bipod.

Any info that anyone may be able to provide would be tremendously helpful.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

35 views and no one has any idea?
    كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Best I can tell you is bolt knob looks factory for a savage and it has weaver 2 piece style bases. I would as for pics of groups the rifle has shot to give you an idea if it's at least a decent shooter.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Best I can tell you is bolt knob looks factory for a savage and it has weaver 2 piece style bases. I would as for pics of groups the rifle has shot to give you an idea if it's at least a decent shooter.
        That won't happen...it's sitting on a used rack at a store, but has every indication of being brand new. I really just want to know what I am looking at before dropping the money on it, then find that I possibly could have had an even better rifle for just a little more.

It looks like a great rifle, and Savage is known for being very accurate out of the box, so I may just bite the bullet.

Edit:
        Oh, and if I DO buy it, the 2 piece base set is coming off for a one piece.
        كافر

Comment

It looks like the only way you could step up from that with the Savage line, is by getting a model with an HS Precision or McMillan stock. I wouldn't hesitate to pick that one up, and if you get it cheap enough, just pick up a nice stock. Hope this helps and good luck in your decision.

Comment

Only other thing that may help distinguish a model is if it is an accustock rifle.

I am not very familiar with savages since I'm not overly fond of them but the huge advantage they have is the ability to be rebarreled by the home user with very little investment in tools.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Looks like a 10FP.

Comment

Working...
              X