CHL Fee's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHL Fee's

Whats a good deal on class fee and state fee for a new application?
    2001 Ford Lightning Silver
    1993 Mustang GT Silver Frost Titanium
    1984 Bronco II 4X4 Silver & Red

State fees will be the same. You will need to pay the application fee ($140 i believe) and pay to have your fingerprints scanned ($10).

Class prices will vary, I have seen them from $65 to $100 and up.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thank man
      2001 Ford Lightning Silver
      1993 Mustang GT Silver Frost Titanium
      1984 Bronco II 4X4 Silver & Red

Comment

State fee is always $140

Your best bet for the class is to do a one stop shop. Dont find the cheapest class then because later you will have to get finger prints and photos from somewhere else. I paid $99 for the class i got my cert, photos, photoholder, prints, and even the envelope to mail it off in.
        03 cobra

Comment

the prints have to be done electronically so there's no way around that now.

But yes, make sure you don't have a range fee and that photos are included. My buddy had to pay for both on top of his "good deal" CHL class.

The texas hunting forum has guys on there that do classes all the time.

Comment

Everyone is correct. The state gets $140 no matter what, and then L1 Solutions gets $10 for fingerprints. As for the class, any gun range will want $100+, and an independent will prob be $70~

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
              Everyone is correct. The state gets $140 no matter what, and then L1 Solutions gets $10 for fingerprints. As for the class, any gun range will want $100+, and an independent will prob be $70~
              What happens if, say someone completes the class and qualifies at the range. But the 1year to file passes? What options do they have to get it done? Would I have to retake the class or could an Instructor just supply new paperwork?
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                What happens if, say someone completes the class and qualifies at the range. But the 1year to file passes? What options do they have to get it done? Would I have to retake the class or could an Instructor just supply new paperwork?
                you will need to pay 140 to dps again and retake the course

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremycg777 View Post
                  you will need to pay 140 to dps again and retake the course
                  He would have to pay the class fee (to an instructor) and retake the class again, not the the license fee to DPS. (Shot answer, you start over)

I forgot about range fee, it has always been included in my classes. I took a renewal class last weekend and I could have sworn the instructor said they could just use your driver's license photo now, but I don't know if they charge to do it.

I'll tell you i just used mygunlicense.com. He is pretty inexpensive and I liked the class (range fee included). I will say this guy is new so he has a few kinks to work out, but it was a renewal for me and I got to go with a couple of friends so that made it worth it.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X