Pf9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pf9?

Does anybody carry or has anybody carried a Keltec PF9? Or does anybody have a compelling argument against it and/or can suggest a comparable substitute (9mm, similar size, $250-300 price range)?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

she's gonna kill you.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

That's why I'm looking for a 9mm instead of .40, .45, or 10mm!
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

My wife has one and likes the size of it, I had to put on a Talon stick grip ($10) because if you shoot this at the range it's gonna hurt the ladies' hand after a few mags. Other than that it seems to be a decent 9mm. Very slim and easy to conceal/carry. Paid $287 out the door at CTD.

Comment

I have one, love the size but hate everything else about it. I carry the lc9 now and to me it's s much better pistol. Can't wait till my XDs gets in.
          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

I have had a PF9 for 5 years or so. Its easy to conceal and is somewhat light weight because of the composite grip and frame. Its a damn straight shooter for a compact pistol.

The only thing I can point out bad about it is it has a really long trigger. Something Kel Tec did for safety reasons when its dropped. It makes it much harder for it to go off if or when its dropped.

All in all its a great pistol, but it is a 9mm.
            Photobucket

Comment

I carried a pf9 for a while and hated the trigger pull, I went with a lc9 and like it much better! The lc9 is a overall better quality gun.

Comment

I daily carry a PF9 with a +1 mag extension and I have no complaints. I think the LC9 probably IS the better built of the two...but I'm not a fan of the extra safety, the empty chamber indicator, or the extra 100 bucks you have to spend buying it. I personally don't have an issue with the recoil considering it is a 9mm and not something smaller. I paid $220 out the door for mine at the Lewisville Gun Show (used).

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the PF9 for what it is, but the LC9 should be considered too. I think it's ~$100 bucks more. The PF9s have more of a glock type trigger pull with easy take-up and a defined break. The LC9 feels more like a D/A, long and smoothish but stacks a bit before it breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                    I have one, love the size but hate everything else about it. I carry the lc9 now and to me it's s much better pistol. Can't wait till my XDs gets in.
                    This.

I got rid of my P11 for the LC9. I'm fighting with myself over picking up the XDs on my way home from work tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      This.

I got rid of my P11 for the LC9. I'm fighting with myself over picking up the XDs on my way home from work tonight.
                      If you do I want to shoot that thing....one review I watched on it claimed the recoil was light....I'm calling bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        If you do I want to shoot that thing....one review I watched on it claimed the recoil was light....I'm calling bullshit
                        Have you seen one in person? A couple of other people I saw looking at them seemed to be expecting something much smaller.
                        I really like the feel of it, I'm just trying to decide if it's something I really need for the $617 OTD price tag.

Comment

Working...
                        X