Decent deal on PMAGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    Really? Pmags are by far favored in most instances that I gather, with the only thing making metal mags a better option for some is price.
    The metal mags that are issued by our armed forces and, well, every other army that uses stanag magazines work great and are unquestionably the most prolific magazine for platform. Hell, I have seen regular ARs that wont even run pmags.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      The metal mags that are issued by our armed forces and, well, every other army that uses stanag magazines work great and are unquestionably the most prolific magazine for platform. Hell, I have seen regular ARs that wont even run pmags.
      Plenty of PMAGS have been issued by our armed forces and preferred almost unanimously. It's not like the weapons manufacturers weren't aware that people were going to use the magazines in their rifles.

I'm not defending magpul, as I feel that they should have done their research too, but it's a bit foolish to not test your rifles with a very common form of magazine, and here in America, probably more common. These types of issues are much easier to fix in the prototype stage than to have thousands of rifles damaged by unknowing owners using one of the highest quality magazines produced.

Comment

The author of the link you posted stated that he had similar issues with some of his personal metal mags.

Comment

The author of the link you posted stated that he had similar issues with some of his personal metal mags.
          Yes, if you rest the gun on the magazine is can push it very far up into the gun apparently on the SCAR. I shall note this.

Comment

At least it's a simple modification to solve the issue. Still sucks.

Comment

Plenty of PMAGS have been issued by our armed forces and preferred almost unanimously. It's not like the weapons manufacturers weren't aware that people were going to use the magazines in their rifles.

I'm not defending magpul, as I feel that they should have done their research too, but it's a bit foolish to not test your rifles with a very common form of magazine, and here in America, probably more common. These types of issues are much easier to fix in the prototype stage than to have thousands of rifles damaged by unknowing owners using one of the highest quality magazines produced.
              I know personally that in the spring of 2007 3 crates (4x4x4') showed up at Camp Phoenix with PMags stuffed to the top. Courteous of Magpul. The troops were told to "have as many as you would like and give us feedback at the end of your deployment." Too bad ITAR and military restrictions prohibited gun magazines from being shipped in USPS and Dubai wouldn't let you fly in to their country with them either.

I am sure that repeated at several other large bases around the theater
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I ordered a couple from aim. I dont have the stash you guys nor do i need one. The qty i have should last my lifetime.

Im glad you guys got your mags, but ill stick to a bigger company. Even if its a couple bucks more.

Comment

At least it's a simple modification to solve the issue. Still sucks.
                  Yeah I missed the link Dohcter had posted and if that's all that needs trimming, I'd do it without hesitation.

Comment

Got mine in the mail today. All good, no issues. And they run perfect in my SAA and SOG Armory rigs.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Mine came in yesterday as well.

Comment

Got mine today, all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                          Just bought some for around $8.69 a pop. Of course this price is wholesale. Lucky me!
                          How many make a wholesale price? DFWM Group buy?
                          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                            How many make a wholesale price? DFWM Group buy?
                            In!

Comment

In!
                              For under $10.00 per I would be down for 10-20 more.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

In!
                                In
                                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X