No announcement yet.

The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honestly I don't remember which battery or solar panels, I'll look tomorrow if I go back up there.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for the trail cameras. if I figure something out I'm going to go back tomorrow and get those squared away and check on the battery and solar for the feeders

what do ya'll use for cameras? we have 2 of the D50 Moultrie they are the true flash style
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• This is the Stealth Cam that I run, it seems to be pretty reliable.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        nice Boars nuts just look so obscene.
        Whaaa?
        Photobucket

Comment

• I use the moultree m80s. They work ok, but there are alot better cams out there.

I want super fast trigger speeds. Sometimes mine will miss the first deer but get the rest, if walking down a trail.

Comment

• I tried 1 M80 before I settled on the Stealth cam it never took any pics besides the very first. After the first picture was taken the camera would just shut off like the batteries were dead but Academy exchanged it with no issues.

The Stealth is not overly sensitive but I have it set that way or I would end up with all kinds of pictures of nothing but tree or feeder movement from the wind. Also have the delay in between pictures set a little longer in duration right now for longer batt life, will shorten it up after the pigs are ran off or at least slowed down.

Comment

• The thing i value most is how far out it activates. 40 feet isnt enuf imho unless on a feeder, or a trail where they have to take a sec to jump a fence, rubl line and so on.

My m80's are on season 2, but i dont keep them out much below freezing. I usually know what ive got cumming around by then. The rouge traveling buck during rut is fine.

I want to know whats living on my land year round.

Comment

• "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  The thing i value most is how far out it activates. 40 feet isnt enuf imho unless on a feeder, or a trail where they have to take a sec to jump a fence, rubl line and so on.

My m80's are on season 2, but i dont keep them out much below freezing. I usually know what ive got cumming around by then. The rouge traveling buck during rut is fine.

I want to know whats living on my land year round.
                  We leave ours out year round although batteries did not fare well in the heat last summer, this summer they've been great.

I think the Moultrie was just a bad one but my dad was pissed it didn't work when mine did so he just exchanged it and has been happy ever since.

Comment

nice! Boars nuts just look so obscene.
                    They look uncomfortable to me. Every time I see them I think they must hurt. Glad to get a male, or any pig really, but its the mommas we are really after to (hopefully) make a bigger dent in the population.
                    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• I think I have rounded up all the parts I need to make my moultrie self sufficient on battery life the wife, baby and I are going to head up there tomorrow around noon to try it out

bought the plug to plug into the moultrie.. online 13.99... 2.99 at my local computer geek store (Tanner Electronics) they have EVERYTHING you can think of

I have a couple car batteries here at the house

bought a cheap-o solar charger at harbor frieght for my camera for dads I'm just going to use the battery itself and see if the solar panel makes any difference at all on mine.

all in all I'm out 2.99 plus a used battery I had laying around for dads camera

2.99 + 12.99 (solar) and another used battery I already had

oh and I'll use some hose clamps on the battery post so another couple bucks there

I started to buy the moultrie solar panel for 89 bucks but I'm cheap and want to try this out first.
                      http://www.basspro.com/Moultrie-Powe...roduct/101566/
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Got 3 80 pound hogs last nite with a 12 gauge custom load

3devo using ICS 4.03 stock
                        Trick3d EVO

Comment

Where is that at

Trick3d EVO

Comment

• Seen 25 does in the beans tonight. Only problem was i was in my tractor doing circles.

Comment

• 5 More days Until Opening Archery.... Can't Wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by Relinquished View Post
                                Where is that at

Breckenridge, TX.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X