The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    The one thing about buying a bow is to do some homework and get one that suits your style. You also need to be fitted. If you just go out and buy one, you will probably noy enjoy shooting it as much.

Let me see if I can find something to help you. Its a long read, but by the time you finish it, you will know what to buy.
    Photobucket

Comment

• Thanks
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Here it is... Everything you need to know bwfore choosing a bow. This is what I used before I made my choice. Just take the info/specs you think will fit your wants and ask what they have that fits those specs. It also gives you a edge to come in with good basic knowledge. I see dealers hand bows to newbies all the time, and they just stand there looking at it without any knowledge of whats in their hands. Just a blank stare. All they can go on is price. Sad really...

Last edited by BlackSnake; 09-29-2012, 09:03 AM.
        Photobucket

Comment

• Also shoot a bunch. I had a mathews dxt first. Then sold it and went to a hoyt alphamax 32 and it feels much better. Just like handguns. For your first bow I also suggest one that isn't hard to change drawlengths on. You almost never get it right the first time.

Comment

• Well been out here at my lease since 5:45 this morning and it's been raining ever since. Despite the lack of hunting done the day was slightly productive and I have several trail cam pics of a wild looking NT I'll post up after tomorrow.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Im in the stand now. That stupid yearling was here but it never left dl yards and let me climb my stand. I'll post a pic of it later prob 15 yards. Never got scared of me one bit.

I wish there wjere all this dumb

Comment

• Comment

• Its amazing how ignorant they can be at times.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• No other deer except for the fawn, but also had a pack of coyotes start howling less than 50 yards from the stand. So that explains a little.

I wont be sitting in this stand for a while to let it cool off. Sat in it two days in a row. Going to hit one of my other stands when i got the time and the wind is right.

Comment

• Got her sighted in today! Ready to rock.

Comment

• I need to make up some rounds for my .308, but i hope to have all 3 of my deer shot by then. I can always hunt the other units, but hate driving.

Comment

• Since we got rain yesterday and today, when should I see my seeding results starting?

With the pics you (Sleeper) posted the other day it looked like 2 days and you had green showing
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• With the wheat 3 days if you had moisture. The other stuff you posted should be under a week if it has moisture as well.

Most any seed will grow a little even if it hasnt punched out of the ground within a week or rain or being planted in moisture.

Comment

• Some pics of my plot with hogs

3devo using ICS 4.03 stock
                              Trick3d EVO

Comment

• haha.

What do you do with all the meat man. You kill alot of pigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X