No announcement yet.

The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bit he weighs well over 200lbs, looks very healthy given how bad your summer was.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• oh yeah he is over 200 for sure. I'd really like to pass him and let him grow, but i just cant do it.

Imagine him in two more years

Comment

• If you pass someone else will take him. Hell of a rack
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• I sat out last night on our place in East Texas. Saw 9 deer, 4 fawns, 3 does, 1 spike and 1 smaller buck. I didnt have a bow on me or I would have dusted the spike, he was 15 yards from me at one point.

Our fields are looking great

"A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

• Ive had some shots at decent bucks, but passed. The big guy hasnt shown up for the past two nights, so i think he is gone.

They are starting to fight here a little bit and they havnt refreshed any of their scrapes since the rain. Ill start rattling soon.

Comment

• I got about 150 new pics off the camera for this week... I think this is going to be the oldest one but isn't legal to shoot

Comment

• I feel stupid, but i passed on this deer tonight. Had it broadside at 8-15 yards for a good 5 min eating corn. Still hoping the big 12 will come out. He hasnt been seen for 3 days now.

Comment

• Nice points, but the spread is too small for me. Good on the pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    I feel stupid, but i passed on this deer tonight. Had it broadside at 8-15 yards for a good 5 min eating corn. Still hoping the big 12 will come out. He hasnt been seen for 3 days now.
                    good pass

Comment

• That pic doesnt do this 8 point justice. His mass is Niiiiice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        That pic doesnt do this 8 point justice. His mass is Niiiiice.
                        It doesn't help that the horns up there will look smaller in relation to deer here thanks to the added weight/body mass of the farther north deer.

Comment

• it would look like a monster if it was on your dinky texas deer.

Btw here is a deer that was shot next door to me a few years back by a out of stater.

Comment

• Dayum

Comment

• Well over 200" probably closer to the 240" class.

Comment

• 229 1/8 is what the kansas records show. Im sure that is not net.

Comment

Working...
                                X