No announcement yet.

The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put some cameras out at the land i bought.. (I personally dont hunt but my dad has some friends that do) I was just curious if we had any decent bucks around and got one decent (looks like 10pt) shot. and a few hogs around as well..

and the spike..

Sorry for just links but the pictures were massive..

Comment

• Where did you purchase land at?

Comment

• East Texas.. in between Daingerfield and Hughes Springs.. Bought may not be the best word.. About 25 years ago My dad and a good friend of his bought 4 lots of land there.. (about 15 acres on 3 and 5 acres with a small cabin on the last) My dad owns the cabin and 15 acres and I bought 1 of the other 15 acres from his buddy.. and will probably grab the other side if i can later on.

not sure why i tool the time to do that but I did so I posted it.. Not exact but rough idea.

My dad owns 4 (with cabin as star) and 3... I buying 1 and hopfully sometime next year I will pick up 2

Comment

• nice

Comment

• Sweet man. Get to shooting some bacon.

The farmers are working around my prime hunting spot so its shot, maybe for good now. We will see what happens over the week.

Comment

• One of the better ones

Comment

• Is your season open yet in tx? besides bow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Is your season open yet in tx? besides bow.
                  This weekend is the start of gun season. Last weekend was the opening for youth gun.

Comment

• Yep, and the cold front helped break most of the bucks up also even had a few sniffing and following some doe.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• I am SOOOOO ready...
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Im tired of hunting haha. Ive had chances at good bucks, but not the one im after.

Im really hoping they stick around after the farmers are done, but i doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
                          Yep, and the cold front helped break most of the bucks up also even had a few sniffing and following some doe.
                          Seeing a lot of that now and seeing lots of sparring as well. Rattling should work well.
                          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

• Hope so I swagged a decent set of sheds to rattle with, the moon has them a little off as well but not too bad.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Ive been rattling them in for a few weeks now.

Messed up this morning and hit the snooze. My target buck was out in shooting light.

The only problem with this stand is you really cant get to it in the morning without being busted. There are deer on it from midnight until 6:30 Am or later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                                Ive been rattling them in for a few weeks now.

Messed up this morning and hit the snooze. My target buck was out in shooting light.

The only problem with this stand is you really cant get to it in the morning without being busted. There are deer on it from midnight until 6:30 Am or later.
                                ninja mode required.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X