No announcement yet.

The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeders were empty, filled them and sat in the stand, drank beer, and ate good food. Saw a couple dozen doe and two nice 8s but no opening weekend shooters.
    And apparently an owl has been shitting all over my blind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hunted one of my other stands tonight to give my big guy a break and hope he comes back.

Had 5 does at 20 yards and a 120ish 8 point and a little 4 point fork 1.5 year old hung around for about a hour.

Comment

• Saw some decent deer this weekend but nothing big enough to pull the gun out for. Several deer that nobody has seen before as well. They are hitting pre rut pretty good and the next front could put them in full swing.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• we saw a bunch of deer that we dont have pics of too.. we have seen as many bucks this year as we have does

if I take a spike this year I want it to be the one on the right... thoughts?

Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM.
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Id let him live another year.
            Put on some mass.

Comment

• Was a slow weekend here...Buddy culled out a 3 point, his wife missed a spike and I took a doe this evrning. Only seen a few deer the whole weekend..

Comment

• Nobody has got one yet? Wow, that's surprising.

Comment

• Yep you guys with a rifle should be tagged out by now

The whole fun of hunting for me is just being out. I pass aloooot of deer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                    we saw a bunch of deer that we dont have pics of too.. we have seen as many bucks this year as we have does

if I take a spike this year I want it to be the one on the right... thoughts?

I'd take both of them out of the gene pool.

Saw tons of deer this weekend. I blasted a spike this weekend. He took off after I shot him and hit a tree so hard it busted off one of his antlers.
                    "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                    East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                    https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

• Shot the tiniest deer available this morning. When your work is calling telling you to come in, your patience tends to wear thin. Sigh. At least it wasn't a buck tag. And I got a tiny piggie.

Comment

• Looks like I'll be getting out to sit either Tuesday or Thursday since my 3yr old wants to go hunting, kinda wondering how long she will last in the stand though.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
                          Looks like I'll be getting out to sit either Tuesday or Thursday since my 3yr old wants to go hunting, kinda wondering how long she will last in the stand though.
                          5 minutes per year of Age lol
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• That's kinda what I'm expecting she is pretty good at sitting but I'll be packing coloring books and other silent kid stuff.

Comment

• I've got a quick question about bag limits on deer. If I read this right for Kaufman county I cannot shoot a doe without a special permit?

White-tailed Deer

Special Antler Restrictions
                              Archery Only: Sept. 29-Nov. 2, 2012. No permit required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.
                              Bag Limit: 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
                              General Season: Nov. 3, 2012-Jan. 6, 2013. Antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD permit or LAMPS permit only.

TPWD site where I got that excerpt.

92 LX 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                                I've got a quick question about bag limits on deer. If I read this right for Kaufman county I cannot shoot a doe without a special permit?

White-tailed Deer

Special Antler Restrictions
                                Archery Only: Sept. 29-Nov. 2, 2012. No permit required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.
                                Bag Limit: 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
                                General Season: Nov. 3, 2012-Jan. 6, 2013. Antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD permit or LAMPS permit only.

TPWD site where I got that excerpt.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...county=Kaufman
                                Correct. Sounds like the county adopted the MLD or LAMPS only. Thats kinda weird. All you can do is see if the property owner has one of those placed on his property. But if he does, you should already know about it.

Damn! That sucks.
                                Last edited by BlackSnake; 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM.
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X