No announcement yet.

The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuckin deer I had been watching on my protein feeder for the last few months made its way over to a blind my brother in law was hunting opening day. Told him he owed me money for feeding this fat bitch all summer.

14 Raptor
    18 GT350

Comment

• Nice high rack deer. How wide was the inside spread?
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• I forget exactly, drank a lot of beer that night. I want to say 13 inch tip to tip on the main beams with a 5" base diameter. Live weight was 166lbs.
        14 Raptor
        18 GT350

Comment

• Well folks my big 6x6 is dead. Shot on the refuge next to my land. His green score was 192 inches

I did hit him when i shot at him apearently. But just grazed him.

I think that will put him in the top 10 typical state record list.

Comment

• That sucks

Comment

• no shit. I just looked it up and it would have been number 2 in the state for typical archery. It will shrink some, and i dont know if that offical yet or not. Just hearsay.

I had him scored in the 180's but our deer have huge bodys that make the racks look smaller.

Comment

• Dropped a cull buck early this morning. 4 on one side and stubbish drop on the other. Weighed about 125 pre-dress. Freezer will be getting a little fuller between that one and the little doe I got last week. Still looking for one with a decent rack, but as always, filling the freezer is the main objection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  no shit. I just looked it up and it would have been number 2 in the state for typical archery. It will shrink some, and i dont know if that offical yet or not. Just hearsay.

I had him scored in the 180's but our deer have huge bodys that make the racks look smaller.
                  Did you get any pictures of him after the kill?

Comment

• Ive got one with the hunter, but ill get better ones once i get ahold of the guy.

Just someone texted me asking me if it was the deer i was hunting.

Comment

• Just got back from our lease for the night saw 20+ doe and a few bucks nothing great though. Saw a nice 130-140" 8 that I rattled in from around 260yrds out, only bad thing is he popped out of cover less than 40yrds away and was too close for me to move for the shot. Sucker had huge mass, like Kansas or Iowa class mass and his g2's liked about an inch from touching each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        Well folks my big 6x6 is dead.
                        Sorry to hear buddy.
                        "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                        East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                        https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

• I got ahold of the guy who got him. Talked with him for a hour. I'm glad a local got him.

His green score is 196 net 184

Comment

• I figured he would be up there close to 200".

Comment

• Anybody get out today I saw 5 different groups of deer on my way to the grocery store here in azle. I guess that cold night last night got them moving good.

Comment

• I'm glad to hear that... I'm going to the lease tomorrow
                                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                                X