The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im on year two with moultrie m80's.

The 100.00 camera's are alright, but you really need to put them in a spot where the animal has to pause, or eat, or something for the camera to wake up and start taking pictures.

I wouldnt hesitate to order the same ones i have. But ive noticed most who have problems let their batteries get real low. I dont let mine get under 40%

I did have one problem but a software flash got it back working again. They have prob both taken over a 100,000 pictures.

Comment

• if it were me, I'd get the "PlotWatcher Pro" they take pics at certain intrevals so even if the deer is coming in from 100 yards away you are seeing its movement it doesn't actually have to come right to the camera

http://www.cabelas.com/trail-cameras...er=42713055431
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• only problem with plot watchers is the amount of pictures they take, and limited to card space, and battery life.

Comment

• Supposedly the battery life is wayyyyyyy better than most normal camera and it turns the pics into a video that you can fwd through

Ill prob but one soon for scouting purposes

Comment

• Another one of my deer on the ground. Neighbor hot him with a rifle this morning.

Comment

• Looks like an old fellow and as thin as he is he might not have made it through the winter.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• nah he is just rutting. He would have been fine.

This guy traveled about a 5 mile circle every night.

Comment

• I figured y'all would be in post rut for awhile now.

Comment

• We are but some does are still hot. He was shot just after breeding a doe. Like as soon as he got off of her.

With this warm winter we are having everything is all jacked up. Its like a little mini rut, except the bucks are starting to group back up.

I seen 6 bucks from the stand tonight and 3 does.

Comment

• Ours is that way as well, pretty jacked up when it's 80* on December 2.

Comment

• Just got the green score of the buck above. 186!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          Just got the green score of the buck above. 186!!!
                          awesome!

Comment

• man this year was the year for my area. And just my luck i just clipped the biggest one. and ended up shooting the smallest out of the group haha.

I doubt we will have bucks like this for a long time. Was just one of them years i guess. but he blew up from last year. He was only a 130 inch deer last year at best.

Comment

• Seems to be a good year all around I've heard rumors of some monsters being taken from north Texas up through Kansas, even a few 200" + in Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
                                Seems to be a good year all around I've heard rumors of some monsters being taken from north Texas up through Kansas, even a few 200" + in Texas.
                                not in little ole Alvord TX haha

Comment

Working...
                                X