Offset primer in Federal brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offset primer in Federal brass

So has anyone seen this before and is it a concern? Picked up some of the 100rd boxes from Wal-Mart and saw this little guy. Is this a big deal? Should I contact Federal for a new box or are they just fine as is?

Sorry didn't realize it didn't focus on the brass. The primer is offset right in the picture.

Comment

I having trouble seeing what you're talking about. It should be fine if it's offset, just watch your decapping pin.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

If it's just one, it should be fine. Just carefully sort your brass, if you're going to reload it. You ought to call Federal, though, if it worries you.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I having trouble seeing what you're talking about. It should be fine if it's offset, just watch your decapping pin.
          The primer pocket itself is offset slightly in the brass. In this picture it is offset to the right slightly. Sorry its so blurry, even in macro I couldn't get it to focus

Comment

If your going to reload it. I would contact them as they might want the lot # and such.

Itll shoot fine.

Comment

Working...
            X