Annoyance with DSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoyance with DSA

This is my rant. I ordered several items through DSA's website yesterday. Today they email saying they don't have half the items in stock. I call and they said they have absolutely no idea when they'll be getting them in, don't know if it'll be a year or week. Then I ask if my other items had been shipped or were prepped to ship. They said it would be sometime at the beginning of next week. Order cancelled.

Wtf, why do these places have items listed if they don't even stock them and how do they not know when they'll be getting their own inventory?! And WhyTF does it take 5 days to box an item?!

Needing a cheap buffer tube assembly, harris bipod and other odds and ends. Any recommendations?!

That's the way they have always done business. They are probably one of the highest volume AR15 vendors there is. You usually will have long waits on uppers or parts of high popularity. I would not recommend PSA if you're in a hurry either.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

DSA or PSA?

I assume based on the story and their history it is PSA. I still find myself ordering stuff from them but I know not to be in ANY hurry what so ever.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

It was DSA that I ordered from

DS Arms is a quality firearms manufacturer specializing in the FAL Rifle, AR15 Rifle and RPD Rifle and latest parts & accessories

Comment

Yeah, I ordered a carrier group from them when I was looking for one quickly (oops). They processed the order, charged my CC, and I got an email the next day that it was out of stock, no idea when it'd be in. I didn't cancel the order because, you know, you can never have too many parts...right?
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

This is true, but the only thing I'm lacking for my current build is a buffer assembly and I refuse to $50 for a tube and a spring. So the search is on!

Comment

I've always had good luck with these guys.

Forgot to add, the tubes are commercial.
              Last edited by bigmuskie; 08-10-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Redxarms.com has reasonable prices, but they take about two weeks to ship. Saving money and speed are two things that don't mix.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post

Well hot dog, think I'll check them out, thanks

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Redxarms.com has reasonable prices, but they take about two weeks to ship. Saving money and speed are two things that don't mix.
                  True. I like them and have had good luck with them in the past but, they don't sell buffer assembly kits.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    DSA or PSA?

I assume based on the story and their history it is PSA. I still find myself ordering stuff from them but I know not to be in ANY hurry what so ever.
                    They both have slow shipping. Difference is PSA wont list it on the site if they don't have it in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post

They don't have it in stock either. I ordered a buffer tube assm about 8 weeks ago and haven't heard anything on it since the email saying it was back ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                        Well hot dog, think I'll check them out, thanks

True. I like them and have had good luck with them in the past but, they don't sell buffer assembly kits.
                        If you're local, CTD has buffer tubes and springs in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                          They don't have it in stock either. I ordered a buffer tube assm about 8 weeks ago and haven't heard anything on it since the email saying it was back ordered.
                          Fuk! I'm gunna start email bombing these companies!

Comment

Working...
                          X