Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to shoot some local matches with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might, just not sure what my schedule looks like for Thursday yet.

Comment

Went last night. Much different than what I'm used to but had a good time until the rain showed up at the end.

They do steel matches at quail creek every other Sunday too

Comment

Looking to get back into this.. Anyone shoot any? Looking to step up my game and shoot pistol and carbine now...

Comment

They were still doing IDPA on Wednesday's at Elm Fork. I'm looking to find some upcoming matches myself, last one I went to was Summer steel and I did horrible.
          WRX

Comment

The past few times I went to shoot at elm fork they where closed due to flooding. I'd be very interested in these events though

Comment

I'm down to head to Elm Fork.

I'm not sure if there are any matches at the Range above Quail Creek, if so im willing to hit those up since they are closer to me. (35w/Hwy-287)

Any sites that show or provide any info on which ranges have matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Snodgrass View Post
                The past few times I went to shoot at elm fork they where closed due to flooding. I'd be very interested in these events though
                Yeah, no shit. It was flooded just a few weeks ago. And that was from the rain tornado shit at the end of Dec. Since it was flooded all last year, I'm assuming it was still under water.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                  They were still doing IDPA on Wednesday's at Elm Fork. I'm looking to find some upcoming matches myself, last one I went to was Summer steel and I did horrible.
                  Slow and methodical wins..

Last time I went, I showed up with my cousin and his buddy who at the time, was FW Swat, and Geez that dude sucked with pistol. But on carbine he was good.

Comment

I'm down for the Wednesday IDPA matches out there, I went a lot in 2014 but in 15 they were closed due to flooding most of the summer. So long as it stays dry this year I'm in for sure. I mainly shoot ESP in IDPA and limited in USPSA (not at elm fork) but haven't tried the Thursday night matches.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I was just looking up 3-gun comps yesterday, theres one in cresson every other weekend it looks like.

I have no race guns, just standard stuff and would probably be slaughtered.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I was also thinking of shooting with these guys..

They have a match every Thursday @ Winchester Shooting Gallery 6054 E Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76112

Im guessing this is a LOT closer to me than driving to Dallas / Las Colinas.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          I was just looking up 3-gun comps yesterday, theres one in cresson every other weekend it looks like.

I have no race guns, just standard stuff and would probably be slaughtered.
                          Of course you will be slaughtered... but unless you've been at it for years and have invested the time and money that they have it's to be expected and accepted. No different than going to a drag strip or any other "race". What's important is that you have fun and learn and get better every time.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                          X